Although it has only been out for about a month at this point, the Events + plugin from WPMUDev is already seeing some very nice new features and improvements.
Here’s a quick look at a few of the new updates.
Make Events Recurring
Set Capacities for Events
Integrate Events with BuddyPress Groups
Here’s a complete list of the changes in this latest version:
- Fix for templates assumptions.
- Improved Google Maps integration.
- Improved widgets.
- Improved BuddyPress integration.
- Added recurring events.
- Added new auto-scheduler.
- Added limited capacity events add-on.
- Added “My Events” add-on.
- Added BuddyPress groups support add-on.
- Added e-Newsletter integration add-on.
- Added front pages editing add-on.
- Added “Guest lists options” add-on.
- Added capabilities editing add-on.
What is the Events + Plugin?
In case you aren’t yet familiar with it (it’s only a month old, after all), the Events + plugin gives you a flexible WordPress-based system for organizing meet-ups, parties, dinners, fundraisers, or any other type of event you can think of – be it online or off.
It can do everything Facebook Events can do (and more), but it is also completely WordPress based.
Here’s a look at some of its features.
- Integrates with PayPal. Sell tickets to your event and accept payment in any major currency.
- Hassle-free interface. Creating your event is as simple as adding a new post to your WordPress blog.
- Facebook and Twitter login. Guests can RSVP with their social media profiles – no WordPress account required.
- Integrated Google Maps. Simply insert Google maps with built in direction features for attendees.
- Widgets included. Easily display event attendees, upcoming events and most popular events in any widgetized area of your site.
- Compatible with any WordPress theme. Looks great out of the box or customize the style and layout to fit your site.
- Keep tabs on who’s coming. Monitor the guest list from your WordPress dashboard, with the option to display public RSVPs on your site.
- Works perfectly with Multisite and BuddyPress. Beautiful BuddyPress integration, including groups support
- New features: Recurring events, auto-scheduler, limited capacity events, ‘my events’, e-newsletter integration, front page editing, guest list options and more…
Featured Plugin - WordPress Membership Site Plugin
Photo: Event Ticket from BigStock