The Hybrid Core Framework, created by Justin Tadlock, has quite an active community of devoted users, many of whom are contributing themes. Path is a brand new one, hosted at Theme Hybrid and also in the WordPress Theme Directory.
Path is a clean, responsive theme designed for blogs with multiple authors.
Path has some very unique options for arranging your content with different layouts. It also includes a number of helpful features that you might normally have to add as a separate plugin, such as breadcrumbs and content-aware widgets.
Path’s most notable features include:
- Per-post layouts which means that you can choose one, two or three column layout. Content can be placed on the left, right or center.
- Post settings that allow you to add a custom stylesheet for individual posts.
- Built-in breadcrumb system and pagination
- Support for Post thumbnails
- Multiple sidebars areas: Primary, Secondary, Subsidiary, Before Content and After Singular.
- Sticky posts shown in a responsive Flexslider
- 9 page templates included: archives, authors, most popular articles by comments or views in different time spans, archives, authors, tag cloud, slider, etc.
- Dynamic body, post, and comment CSS classes.
- Fully internationalized, so you can translate the theme in any language.
- Built-in WordPress menu system with three different menus: Primary, Secondary and Subsidiary.
- Context-aware action and filter hooks.
- Some of the most-used filter hooks are shortcode-ready and have accompanying shortcodes.
- Highly-configurable widgets that give you full control over their display.
- Widget areas are content-aware, meaning that they only appear if they contain active widgets.
- Support for Post Formats.
Path also has very cool built-in support for multi-author posts. When the Co-Authors Plus plugin is installed, the theme will filter bylines so that all authors are displayed, as seen below:
View the live demo at Theme Hybrid.
Download the Path theme for free from the WordPress Theme Directory. If you plan on making modifications to it, make sure to pick up the Path Child so that you can continue to get updates to the parent theme.
Looking for more free responsive WordPress themes? You might enjoy a couple of others that we featured this month:
- Adelle: A Free Responsive WordPress Theme With a Pretty Blog Design
- Meet GavernWP: A Free Responsive WordPress Theme on a Powerful New Framework