It should be noted that 8 of the blogs were from the New York Times, and 4 of the blogs were from Wired. Therefore, 12 of the 49 blogs were from two organizations.
The following chart is from Pingdom.com.
Featured Plugin - WordPress Appointments Plugin
Now vs. Then
Some of the more interesting tidbits from the report came from comparing this year’s stats to the stats from three years ago. Here are a few of the highlights:
- WordPress increased from 32 to 49
- TypePad decreased from 16 to 2
- Moveable Type dropped from 12 to 7
- BlogSmith dropped from 14 to 4
- Custom solutions increased from 8 to 14
- Blogger went from 3 sites to 2 sites
- Expression Engine went from 1 site to 0
- Tumblr entered the list with 1 blog
According to the report, the following top blogs use WordPress:
Featured Plugin - WordPress Membership Site Plugin
Photo: golden-red award labels from BigStock