It should be noted that 8 of the blogs were from the New York Times, and 4 of the blogs were from Wired. Therefore, 12 of the 49 blogs were from two organizations.
The following chart is from Pingdom.com.
Featured Plugin - WordPress Membership Site Plugin
Now vs. Then
Some of the more interesting tidbits from the report came from comparing this year’s stats to the stats from three years ago. Here are a few of the highlights:
- WordPress increased from 32 to 49
- TypePad decreased from 16 to 2
- Moveable Type dropped from 12 to 7
- BlogSmith dropped from 14 to 4
- Custom solutions increased from 8 to 14
- Blogger went from 3 sites to 2 sites
- Expression Engine went from 1 site to 0
- Tumblr entered the list with 1 blog
According to the report, the following top blogs use WordPress:
Featured Plugin - WordPress Appointments Plugin
Photo: golden-red award labels from BigStock