Expert theme developer Justin Tadlock has just released a new free theme for his Hybrid Core Framework, which is also completely free and open source.
Trending is a parent theme for Hybrid, but it also comes with a sample child theme to help you get started.
Awesome built-in features include, but are not limited to:
- Cool sticky post design with a custom image size.
- Multiple nav menus.
- Per-post/page layouts (one-column, two-column, and three-column layouts).
- Art direction (the ability to add custom, per-post stylesheets).
- Custom widgets (overwrites the default WordPress widgets with better alternatives).
- Several sidebars (you can add widgets in several places).
- Built-in pagination (no need for a plugin to handle page numbers).
- Breadcrumbs, thumbnails, and much more!