Adding images to marketpress product post

When going to the process of inserting an image into a product post, I select the image, then hit add and then nothing happens. the image selector screen goes all white and I have to ex out of the box to get back to the post. After this process the image is still not inserted. i was able to do it at one point and i am not sure what has changed.

i have done the standard trouble shooting processes like deactivating the plugin and reactivating the plugin. I even deactivated all of my plugins and nothing happened. I also tried the beta 2.8 version of Marketpress. attached are some screen shots.

mkim2203
    • #1,753

these are screenshots.

also, other pages and post outside of Marketpress are unaffected.

hpidriver

It looks like you are trying to insert the image directly into the post, is that right?
    Are you able to set it as a featured image?

mkim2203
    • #1,753

yes,

that is right.

And yes, i am able to set featured images.

hpidriver

If you are able to set featured images and they appear correctly, then we know that images in Marketpress are working.

When you say "select an image, then hit add" are you pressing "insert into post" and then "Save all changes?"

Finally, when you go to add an image, there are tabs at the top of the menu window. One should read "Gallery." How many pictures show up there?

mkim2203
    • #1,753

Yes, my meaning was "insert into post". After I select "insert into post" , the response i get is the second image i uploaded in my previous post. The "Insert Media" box shows blank and the page does not respond.

If I add images and select save, i can view all images that i saved under the "Gallery" tab. If i use the short code [gallery], it will display a gallery of all images i saved.

I am considering just using NextGen. But I am correct in assuming this is an error?

You wouldn't happen to know how to stop the featured product image from appearing at the top of the product post page would you? I need the image for the thumbnails but after the product is selected i dont want it to appear on the page.

thanks for your help.

Patrick

Hi @mkim2203

Do you have any caching plugin activated on your site?

mkim2203
    • #1,753

That might have been possible but i disable all of the plugins accept for marketpress and it still behaved in this way.

juliew8
    • Elite
    • #10,083

I'm having the same problem.

Did this issue ever get resolved and, if so, what was the resolution?

Not mentioned in the original group of posts: I tested posts on the WP site to see if ALL posts were affected or only the product posts and it is only the product posts that have this problem.

hpidriver

You wouldn't happen to know how to stop the featured product image from appearing at the top of the product post page would you? I need the image for the thumbnails but after the product is selected i dont want it to appear on the page.

I removed the featured product image, that photo should still appear under the post's Gallery tab. I display any and all product images using the [gallery] shortcode (I am also using this plugin, just install and activate, there is nothing to configure)
    The first image that appears in [gallery] should show up as the thumbnail on your product listing page.

juliew8
    • Elite
    • #10,083

That's what I needed. Thanks, hpidriver!

hpidriver

If this worked for you, please consider giving points to @Saunt Valerian, who originally posted this awesome tip.

mkim2203
    • #1,753

I decided to just go with nextgen. the other way was giving me a headache. but with that.

I will mark resolved. But could someone tell me how to disable the feature image appearing on the top of the product page altogether? Not that your idea was fine @hpdriver, its just not applicable for the plugin i'm using.

thanks though.

I just want to totally disable the feature image at the top of the product page but still use it for thumbs.

Patrick

Hi @mkim2203

Sorry the suggestions above didn't work out for you.

To disable the featured image on your product pages, go to "Store Settings" in your admin and scroll down to the "Single Product Settings" section. You'll see an option to "Show Product Image". Simply set that to "No".

Hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :)

mkim2203
    • #1,753

I do have it set to "No" if i change it to "Yes" i get TWO thumbs stacked on top of each other.

mkim2203
    • #1,753

maybe my theme is causing the issue ? could is there a specific code or place i could search to disable the feature image posting on pages but leave the thumbs in tack?

Patrick

Hi again @mkim2203

I do have it set to "No" if i change it to "Yes" i get TWO thumbs stacked on top of each other.

The only way that could happen is if you have also inserted the image in the post content.

Remove the image from the post content, and set "Show Product Image" to "No". The featured image should no longer appear on your single product pages, but should still appear in thumbnails.

Join 366024 happy members

Get access to our entire collection of epic plugins, astonishing themes & genius support

Become a member