Affiliates with WooCommerce and ability to add services & products?

Hey there,

I'm thinking about creating an affiliate system for my products and services. Just wondering if the affiliates plugin work with WooCommerce out of the box?

Also is there an option to add lines (Sold services) afterwards? My services include hosting, plugins, Design services for logos, flyers, banners etc. and ofsource web-design services and i would like to be able to later add payment amounts for affiliates.

Example would be 10% from 2200€ web design service. Is it possible to add later when i only know the budget later on? I would really like to use the power off the affiliate system but the payment system is backwards usually. Any thoughts for a solution with this kinda behaviour?

Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Niki

I hope you are well today.

Out of the box Affiliates wouldn't be able to auto-credit an account, such as if they buy something using WooCommerce that wouldn't register on the account, It does work with MarketPress out of the box and that may be a good starting point to go from for customization to integrate with WooCommerce :-)

Yes that would be possible to add later, if you aren't sure of the cost at first, i.e if say you get a job to do through a contact form or similar, then you could go to Affiliates > manage Affiliates > search their username and apply a credit/debit/payment.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Niko
    • Elite
    • #1,465

Hey @Jack

Thanks for your thoughts about this! I have to look into the WooCommerce solution later on when have time to study integrating the systems.

Actually throu contact form this would be easier since there is an ability do custom changes. Thanks for that! Is there any guides how to get the affiliate system work with the contact form 7? I guess the sent form is assigned sumhow for the referred affiliate as a lead automatically?

Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Niki

I'm afraid there's no sort of official guide so to speak, but if your looking to do this automatically (i.e assign the credit to the affiliate at send of form etc or the other way around), then I'd suggest taking a look at one of the current add-ons within affiliate's it's self.

Some good starting points would be > affiliates > affiliates includes > add-ons and take a look through the code in them add-ons to create your own and affiliates > affiliates includes > classes and the includes functions.php file as well :)

Or of course you could just add the credits manually in the affiliates dashboard.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

mattkoshko
    • #1,897

Hey Niki,

I'm in a somewhat similar boat as in I need to get WooCommerce Subscriptions and Affiliate to work together.

I'll try to post here if I get a working solution.

shawng

@mattkoshko

Did you have any luck with this? As with many other people, I want to do the same thing and would be really interested to see what you come up with. I also use woocommerce on all my shopping sites, I just can't imagine using any other cart after being spoiled with woocommerce.

I would have asked offline, but you didn't leave any contact info at all in your profile.

mattkoshko
    • #1,897

Hey guys,

Unfortunately I went a different route as in not using the Affiliate plugin from WPMU. It was going to be too much custom work to integrate properly.

I'm also not thrilled with the functionality offered with Affiliate. My websites have tens of thousands of members, many of whom have expectations when it comes to affiliate data/capabilities.

We may simply develop our own plugin and do it properly. If we do move forward and release something, we'll let you know!

Niko
    • Elite
    • #1,465

Hey Guys,

This project was set on hold for a time since i too found it's kinda timetaking. WPMU dev:s affiliate plugin would require a good deal of gustomication to achieve this but i think there may be an alternative solution. Haven't tested it out myself yet but.

WP-Affiliate can captures leads and seems to have a good backend.

It also integrates with woocommerce and has tutorials for doing so See here.

That would seem just the right plugin for this job imo. Hope it helps and keep em thoughts coming! This is an intresting case indeed :)

phillcoxon

I have used WP-Affiliate and it works well. The developer is responsive to requests as well.

shawng

I can't wait to see what @mattkoshko releases. After reading about his other custom project, I am left drooling at the idea of being able to have some of the functionality he has.

For WooCommerce affiliates, I went with this plugin:
    http://www.itthinx.com/plugins/affiliates-pro

It works fantastic, but it does not integrate with the pro-sites or memberships plugin here at wpmu and it would take a considerable amount of modifications to make it perfectly integrated. For what it is though, it is rock solid and was worth the investment.

Jack Kitterhing

Hi all, thanks all for your valuable feedback on this thread, unfortunately WooCommerce integration isn't available at this time, and I'm afraid I doubt it would be added, as of course we have the MarketPress time.

I'll move this to the features and feedback area so we can also see what other members think.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Join 366024 happy members

Get access to our entire collection of epic plugins, astonishing themes & genius support

Become a member