Another Conflict with Buddystream: Can't Tweet a Link

If you add a link and also send that link to twitter, it doesn't display properly.

DavidM

Hi gregfielding,

I recall you mentioned an issue in another thread regarding the Buddystream plugin but it came down to a matter of a possible javascript error, which I was unable to replicate locally.

You may want to check for a javascript error causing trouble, perhaps even having to do with another plugin. If you'd like to provide a link to the site, I'll be happy to see what I can find.

Thanks,
    David

gregfielding

That was a separate issue - a minify problem.

This is different. The issue here is the way the post shows up on Twitter - garbled.

DavidM

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I didn't quite see what was going on at first. It looks like the raw shortcode is getting sent/displayed. Let me run this by one of the developers.

Thanks,
    David

Vladislav

Hi,

What David said is exactly what's happening. When the activity post is about to be saved, Buddystream intercepts it and posts it to Twitter as it is, without any processing, so the shortcodes from the Activity Plus plugin remain unprocessed. This behavior would affect any other shortcode in the post too, so it's more of a Buddystream issue, IMHO.

Unfortunately, Buddystream doesn't call any (custom) filter on the content prior to sending it out, so I'm still not sure how to tackle this issue on the Activity Plus side. Solving it within Buddystream would be easy, it could either clear any and all shortcodes from the post prior to sending it or, better yet, apply a filter to it just before it sends it out, so plugins can register for that and clean up after themselves. However, from the outside, I still haven't figured out a way to do it right.

As an immediate workaround, you may want to avoid using both "to Twitter" Buddystream option and Activity Plus. Once the activity post is posted, sharing it on Twitter with Buddystream will work properly.

DavidM

Hi gregfielding,

Looks like the developer's keen on getting the 2 plugins working together, which is awesome! We'll have to keep an eye on that thread for the update!

Thanks for having done that, I'm sure others will find the integration useful as well.

-David

Join 370541 happy members

Get access to our entire collection of epic plugins, astonishing themes & genius support

Become a member