Another similar platform needs this kind of WP Integration

Hi WHMCS WP Integration plugin development team,

We need to integrate another similar platform to WordPress. The detail is listed as below. Please advice if you can help us to do that.

1. This is a subscription based billing system similar to WHMCS. http://zuora.com/

2. We need to build the front end customer signup interface and client area into WordPress, just like what you did with WHMCS.

Quick start guide:
http://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/kb/How_do_I_use_Zuora_with_my_existing_website%3F?highlight=Implementing+Page+on+Your+Website

http://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/L_Implementation_Guide%3A_Seed_Edition/J_Use_the_Z-Commerce_APIs?highlight=Implementing+Page+on+Your+Website

Sample code
http://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/D_Zuora_API_Developers_Guide/J_Sample_Source_Code
http://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/D_Zuora_API_Developers_Guide

Please advise if this is possible.

Dark Scream

That looks an interesting system, I may have to look into how it works just so I can use it when advising others.

Timothy

Hey Winning.

I was looking at that thinking it could handle servers, cpanel, plesk and a number of other things.

Its not though, its just for billing, invoicing subscription type things right?

Does look interesting though whilst looking through their site. So you are using this right now? How you finding it?

Anyway, I'll get this one moved over to the feature request forums.

Thanks for the suggestion, anyone else looking for this one?

take care.

winning

Yes, it's just for billing, invoicing subscription type thing. Just like "WHMCS" also said WHMCS is not just for hosting, it can be anything that needs subscription billing.

I just hope that the WHMCS WP Integration plugin development team can do this integration, too, with our own funding. Thanks!

Timothy

Yes, it's just for billing, invoicing subscription type thing. Just like "WHMCS" also said WHMCS is not just for hosting, it can be anything that needs subscription billing.

Sure, the call for WHMCS was because its a hosting solution though. That was the main drive for its development.

I just hope that the WHMCS WP Integration plugin development team can do this integration, too, with our own funding. Thanks!

Sure if there is lots of support for this kind of thing then it will surely be developed.

So you are using this right now? How you finding it?

Anyone else wanting this sort of thing developed, please add your support. :-)

Take care.

winning

http://zuora.com/ was founded 4~5 years ago and now it is the leader in the subscription billing/invoice solution industry, and their clients include: dell.com, salesforce.com, hp, NING, box, trip advisor, AAA, USTREAM, CDW etc. It can pretty much build any kind of subscription plans and product categories within minutes, and empower business to test the market from different approach, at the same time, sync with salesforce.com back and forward to automate the sales process.

Timothy

Does sound very interesting and well used. :-)

I'm sure many will be adding their support for this.

Thanks.

winning

It is one of the solutions we are considering now, but the pullback is they mostly provide API for integration (the document is highly rated by its enterprise users), and we have not found any out of box piece yet, there is a certain iframe solution that we are looking at now... It would be great to have it completely integrated to WordPress, so the WP website itself can also offer other service such as membership content, support ticketing, etc.

If the development team has some time to develop the integration, we would consider to fund it to speed up the process if possible :)

p.s. Nowaday, subscription economy is one of the fastest growing business models, anything can be subscribed now, diaper, underwear, snake, makeup, socks, not just DVD rental or WPMU DEV membership ... we better catch up the trend and grap a piece of our own. That is why the other day I asked if MarketPress could charge recurring payment.

Timothy

If the development team has some time to develop the integration, we would consider to fund it to speed up the process if possible :)

I'd love to say yeah, and it is something we have considered in the past however at the moment we don't allow private funding of developments. Sorry.

The subscription economy is a popular and very sustainable business model. It has certainly helped us to secure developments and support over the years and you are right it works in many more areas not just for Software or DVD rentals. :)

Dark Scream

It sounds good for those just wanting a billing solution.

Nowaday, subscription economy is one of the fastest growing business models, anything can be subscribed now, diaper

If you don't pay, I'd hate to be the one who comes to repossess :o/

witolot@gmail.com
    • #12,949

Hello! Any news about WPMU Dev's solution to this since the last post? Would really love a native solution!

In the meantime, I found this service, which could integrate Zuora and Wordpress (haven' tried myself yet). Maybe this would give some hints to the WPMU Dev team how to integrate the two (not a coder here)?

If to run a non-native solution, I haven't figured out whether Zapier's pricing makes it cheap/costy to run. Their pricing depends on tasks performed, though don't know whether that is more or less equivalent to number of billed users per month or not.

Timothy

Hey there.

Hello! Any news about WPMU Dev's solution to this since the last post?

Unfortunately not, there are only 3 people in this thread adding their support for this in 8 months so it's unlikely to get developed by us. It would need much more support from members.

Thanks.

Join 365888 happy members

Get access to our entire collection of epic plugins, astonishing themes & genius support

Become a member