Blog directory issues

So I have installed the
- post indexer
- comment indexer
- members directory
- blog directory

While the directory for members works great, I get a 500 error on blog directory. Nothing in the log either ... any suggestions how to test further?

drmike

Care to post a link to your directory? We may see something that you don't in the link.

Andrew
    • Erstwhile founder

Yep, a link would be helpful.

Thanks,
    Andrew

marlin
    • Elite
    • #1,836

Unfortunately I have it on a dev server that is not online, but either way, I get just a erro page and nothing else. Everything else work.

Any critical parts in the plugin that may not work with php5 or on IIS?

marlin
    • Elite
    • #1,836

I think I caught an error here by taking out and putting in the plugin ... Could it be ... ?

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_blog_avatar() in C:\****\blogs-directory.php on line 277

marlin
    • Elite
    • #1,836

Removing the function, gives me at list the directory. Had to remove the function at two places, otherwise the search gave me also an error.

What to do with the function?

Andrew
    • Erstwhile founder

Hiya,

The blogs directory plugin requires our avatars plugin. It looks like I left that out of the required plugins list. Sorry about that.

Thanks,
    Andrew

marlin
    • Elite
    • #1,836

Ok, thanks. But taking those two instances out is enough, so I run with that.

Jennifer Hung
    • #31,036

I also removed the get_blog_avatar() instances on the code then it didn't give me the error message. However, when I used the search, it gaves me this error. The website declined to show this webpage
    HTTP 403
    Most likely causes:
    This website requires you to log in.

What you can try:
    Go back to the previous page.

More information

This error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

My link is http://tasblogs.tas.edu.tw/wpmu/blogs/.

Jennifer

drmike

Works for me. Did you get it fixed?

Blogs
    test
    Matthew's Blending Beats
    Kendra's Music Moshpit

Join 376366 happy members

Get access to our entire collection of epic plugins, astonishing themes & genius support

Become a member