Buddy Press Sidebar on some pages

I'm using the social theme and i'm trying to remove the sidebar that is featured on certain pages that has the Recent Members Activity contained in it. I would like to remove this whole column. This column is on the member public profile page, the groups main page, and the individual topics in the forum. It exists in some other pages which we don't want to remove it from.

From what I can gather it is being pulled from the member-right.php page but I don't see any pages calling it in.

thanks for any help, i'm new to functions and child theme pages.

Andrew
    • Erstwhile founder

Hiya,

Richard (theme designer) will get back to you on this as soon as possible :)

Thanks,
    Andrew

saraswati1111
    • #1,578

Hi Andrew,

I created a duplicate post with a different heading which you closed. I realized that this heading doesn't draw the attention to the theme developer and maybe that was why I wasn't getting a response and didn't know how to close this thread.

If it's not a problem can you close this thread and re-open the other one that has the theme title in the headline?

Thanks, Chris

Andrew
    • Erstwhile founder

Sorry, that's not really possible at this point. Generally it's best not to post duplicates.

Also, Richard will be gone for a few days so he'll take a look at this when he returns.

Thanks,
    Andrew

saraswati1111
    • #1,578

Hi, Not meaning to be a pain here but still haven't found the answer to the questions.

Richie_KS

this will remove in next update for bp 1.2

here's a quick fix if you're using bp-social 1.1.2 for bp 1.1

open up member-right.php and delete some line..here the shortcode from actual code

<?php global $bp;
    if($bp->current_component == 'groups') { ?>

...some code here ( delete all code inside here too)

<?php } else if($bp->current_component != 'groups') { ?>

...some code here (do not delete)

<?php } ?>

</div>
    </div>

delete the bold section should do it...let me know if you got it ok..i'll attach a fixed version
    if needed.

saraswati1111
    • #1,578

Hi,

I waited for the update to deal with this issue and now am unsure of your response. What should I do for the new theme. I'm trying to remove the sidebar when the user's avatar is available and a third column is added (new one on left).

Thanks

Richie_KS

what version of bp-social you're currently using?

cheers

saraswati1111
    • #1,578

Here's a screenshot of the one of the pages that i'm talking about. Any page that has the left sidebar with the admin i'd like to either move the left sidebar over to the right or remove the right one all together.

Richie_KS

not sure if its possible..it may need some hardcoding conditional since the right sidebar are
    very well connected from blog page, directory, profile page and activity page etc.

removing the right sidebar for the sake of only profile/activity page will effect the other pages
    as well...

still...try this quick hacks..backup bp-social footer.php 1st and replace line 7
    <?php get_sidebar('member-right'); ?>

with this

<?php if ( bp_current_component() && !bp_is_directory() ) { ?>
    <?php print "<style type=\"text/css\" media=\"all\"> "; ?>
    #custom #blog-entry { width: 100%; border: 0px none !important; }
    #blog-entry .main-column { width: 770px; }
    <?php print "</style>"; ?>
    <?php } else { ?>
    <?php get_sidebar('member-right'); ?>
    <?php } ?>

let me how it go ok:)

Join 376366 happy members

Get access to our entire collection of epic plugins, astonishing themes & genius support

Become a member