BuddyPress Hide Widgets not working

Hello,

I am running both the latest version of MU and BP

I installed this plugin, it worked for a bit and now it seems to have stopped working at all. I've tried deactivating and reactivating, reinstalling as well as turning off all other plugins .These are the other plugins i am using

BP Group Blog
BP Group Email
BP Redirect to Profile for Buddypress
BP Paginated Posts
BuddyPress Links
Invisible Defender
Fast And Secure form

MU
Toggle Admin Menus
cets_blog_defaults
cets_simple_dashboard

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks for you help!

Andrew
    • Erstwhile founder

Hiya,

I've tried deactivating and reactivating, reinstalling

Did you install the plugin in /mu-plugins/ or /plugins/? Make sure it's installed according to the instructions.

Thanks,
    Andrew

brentcee23
    • #8,458

I checked and it is in the correct folder /plugins. It is activated site wide....it shows up in Buddy Press -General Settings...I have everything checked but they still appear for members. any ideas ?

Thanks again!

brentcee23
    • #8,458

Another solution to my problem..... is there any way to have widgets set up as defaults for new blogs? as discussed in this topic:

http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic/12049

I would just remove the Appearance>Widgets menu for the user if I was able to do this

Andrew
    • Erstwhile founder

Hiya,

Just to be clear, if you disable the Menus plugin the BuddyPress Hide Widgets plugin functions as it should. Is that correct?

Thanks,
    Andrew

brentcee23
    • #8,458

Check that....deleted all plugins that had anything do to with hiding menus etc.... Hide Widgets still not working. I am puzzled on this one, Let me know if I can give you anymore info to try and figure things out.

Thanks for the help

Join 368618 happy members

Get access to our entire collection of epic plugins, astonishing themes & genius support

Become a member