chat box as a widget instead of floating

Hi,
I'm just wondering if it's possible to stick the chat box inside a widget in a sidebar instead of as a floating tab at the bottom of the page?

Thanks

aecnu

Greetings redhillcreative,

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available - but we would love to:

a. put it into consideration for future development

b. see if we can help you hack it in for the moment

It might take a bit longer than useful but I'll see if I can get the lead developer in here to assist / give us some advice... in the meantime if you could post the results / problems you've come across doing it yourself here that would definitely help too.

Alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute, but we're aiming to get you sorted ourselves.

Thanks again and it is great to have you as a WPMU Dev member, looking forward to getting this worked out!

Cheers, Joe :-)

redhillcreative
    • Elite

Thanks mate.

I am trying to do is to insert the Chat Box inside of a widget, behind a sliding tab :)

Hehehehe.

I know that sounds complicated but essentially looking to make the chap at the bottom of the page more noticeable.

Thanks for any help that you can render mate

aecnu

Greetings redhillcreative,

Thank you for the additional feedback, it is appreciated.

After talking with the lead developer of the Chat plugin, this feature will be incorporated into the next release of the plugin which should be coming along shortly.

Thanks again for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :-)

aecnu

Greetings freedom,

It appears that this one has gotten away from us.

I will go ahead and ping the lead developer of chat to see about getting his input in here regarding this feature request.

Cheers, Joe

Paul

@redhillcreative, @freedom, This week I released version 1.2.0 of our Chat plugin which now has a real widget. The options available are not as extensive as the inline chat. But some options are there. Here is a screenshot

Would appreciate any feedback.

Join 376775 happy members

Get access to our entire collection of epic plugins, astonishing themes & genius support

Become a member