Collect Additional FEC Required Information through Fundraising Donations

Is there an easy way to collect additional data from donors through the fundraising plugin? I want to use it with a political party website, and need to require info like employer, address, etc.

If not, I guess I'm taking the hard route again...

- Jonathan

Kimberly

Jonathan,

Hi there! At Current the Fundraiser plugin doesn't have a customized page for collecting information.

However, since Fundraisers are actually Custom Post Types, you could use CustomPress to add custom fields to them. The only issue would be how to store/save/archive that info.

I also did some checking in PayPal and the only extra field you can add to checkout is a "special instructions to seller" box

Perhaps using something like Gravity Forms? You could incorporate that into the Fundraiser checkout, or even a custom WP profile that you can require folks to register before they see the Fundraising page?

I think this would be a great add-on to the plugin, having the option for a custom field profile page of sorts. I'll let the developer know what you are asking for :) Perhaps a future release feature?!

Best,

Kimberly

Jonathan Potter
    • Elite

Thanks Kimberly, that gives me some ideas.

PayPal does have a guide to accepting political contributions, which may help, but it looks kind of un-intuitive. I'd prefer to have it all laid out in a nice table.

Let me see what I can come up with from here.

- Jonathan

Cole

Hey Jonathon,

There is no "easy" way just yet. There are filters inside the code that you could hook into. But I have been working on an intuitive system for storing custom pledge information. Its a bit tricky when it comes to storing the information and displaying it correctly. Hope to have something address this in my next major feature release of the plugin.

I would be happy to help get this going in the code if you are comfortable with making code additions.

Jonathan Potter
    • Elite

Cole, yes, that would be great!

At this point, I'd be happy with something that just dumps to the database. I can limp along in PHPMyAdmin or setup a PHP page to display the data. The main thing is the additional information has to be required for the donation to be processed.

- Jonathan

Join 371055 happy members

Get access to our entire collection of epic plugins, astonishing themes & genius support

Become a member