Couple questions on WPMU Dixi

Is it possible to show some of the post's text in wpmu-dixi?

In RSS Network Settings it shows that 150 words should be pulled but none are - would also like to show some text for the Recent Site Articles.

Site is http://avoca37.org/nsba/

thanks

chris

Richie_KS

hi cmbrown

just tested the latest version of wpmu-dixi and it works ok..the feed
    are pulling with 150 words...try input 1-2 more feed url..since it can
    accomodate 4 at most and resave the settings.

@recent article excerpt
    just open custom-homepage.php and add
    '<?php the_excerpt(); ?>' or '<?php the_excerpt_features(); ?>'

to

'<?php _e('by'); ?> <?php the_author_posts_link(); ?> <?php _e('on'); ?> <?php the_time('jS F Y') ?>
    <p>add here...</p>
    '

Gail Soriano
    • #1,680

Richie_KS - thanks - this addition to custom-homepage.php worked for the Recent Site Articles.

No luck still with the addition feeds showing 150 words though- can this code be placed in a dixi file to work the same way as recent site articles? which file would that be?

thanks

cmb

Gail Soriano
    • #1,680

quick followup - seems to be an issue with internal, in domain feeds, as outside domain feeds works just fine and show 150 words.

need to think about this one - any advice appreciated.

thanks

cmb

Andrew
    • Erstwhile founder

Hiya,

Is the post content displayed if you setup the feed in a RSS widget? Basically I'm trying to figure out if it's a problem with the theme or a general internal, in domain feed issue.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Gail Soriano
    • #1,680

Hey Andrew- post content is displayed with the RSS widget using the same feed - example is up at - left hand column(shows post content) v. center column(does not)

http://avoca37.org/nsba/

Richie_KS

what is the rss feed link you use to retreat global feed from all the blogs?

if you see the Recent Blog Posts From Avoca 37. it is pulling feed from all the blogs from your site.

allfeed in left sidebar also direct me to http://avoca37.org/nsba/ only not
    the actual feeds.

also is the Recent Blog Posts From Avoca 37 feed config
    inside the rss network theme option? cause the tab should be in red and links..in your case it is not..did you make any edit to the home.php or tab-content.php?

cheers

Gail Soriano
    • #1,680

allfeed in left sidebar also direct me to http://avoca37.org/nsba/ only not
    the actual feeds.

yeah - not sure why that is but the orange rss button points to the same feed url as Recent Blog Posts From Avoca 37

did you make any edit to the home.php or tab-content.php?
    no edits to home or tab-content - installed a fresh copy of the dixi theme that is doing the same thing

I added a feed from ESPN which displays correctly - but thought it would be in a tab, not below the first feed.

had similar problem with feed content displaying trying to get autoblog setup - wonder if the this is related.

thanks

cmb

Hi! I love your theme- I just need some help with a few things.

I want to remove the the intro section from the top middle of the page. How can I chop that?

Also- I am using this within buddypress and it makes the dropdown menus of the buddybar (adminbar) look almost transparent- because it colors it a light gray and white. Help on changing this would be HUGE since your theme is AWESOME and I really want to use it!!!

Andrew
    • Erstwhile founder

Hiya,

Richard will be away for a few days and will get back to this when he returns. Since this is a customization rather than a bug it may be a few days after his return before he gets to it.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Join 374805 happy members

Get access to our entire collection of epic plugins, astonishing themes & genius support

Become a member