Coupon/Promo code for membership subscription discounts

Is there already existing functionality to support coupon/promo codes to offer discounts to specific individuals during membership?

How is the discount implemented?

aecnu

Greetings pearsoncomm,

From my understanding our coupon code/promotion script sequence came from custom programming from edu blogs during the creation of WPMU Dev some years ago.

Our brand new release of the Membership plugin 3-RC-1 unfortunately does not have a coupon/promo facility built within it as of this moment but certainly worth considering and I shall mark this ticket as a feature request letting the lead developer know of interest in this feature.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

pearsoncomm
    • #1,796

One of the key selling points for this plugin is supposed to be that it's just like what you use for edublogs & here on WPMUDEV, but the more that you get down into it, you find out that this isn't quite the case, but that's what it seems that everybody wants, something that works, looks and feels just like what you use here...so why havent you all provided that?

Also, do you have any insights, code snippets or can you point me in the right direction as to how I can add coupon/promo code functionality or offer discounts to specific groups or individuals during sign up?

aecnu

Greetings pearsoncomm,

Thanks again for your feedback it is appreciated.

One of the key selling points for this plugin is supposed to be that it's just like what you use for edublogs & here on WPMUDEV, but the more that you get down into it, you find out that this isn't quite the case, but that's what it seems that everybody wants, something that works, looks and feels just like what you use here...so why havent you all provided that?

At this very moment this plugin has been completely reworked from the previous version and as clearly shown it is not in BETA but the next step of what is considered as an uncompleted version as a release candidate i.e. version 3-RC-1

As I previously stated: Our brand new release of the Membership plugin 3-RC-1 unfortunately does not have a coupon/promo facility built within it as of this moment but certainly worth considering and I shall mark this ticket as a feature request letting the lead developer know of interest in this feature.

There is not much more I can do at this very moment, and as far as code snippets that I would love to provide, I currently do not have any to offer concerning this issue.

It is possible that we may get some input from the developer tomorrow regarding this issue, however as clearly stated Support staff hours are 9AM - 5PM CST (US) Monday - Friday... threads posted outside this time may experience response delays of 12 - 16 hours or longer at weekends.

Obviously we are trying, being here helping members on the weekends the best that we can outside of the above declared support times. But at this moment I have reached my limit of what I can do concerning your specific issue and look forward to possible developer comment/input tomorrow.

Cheers, Joe

Barry

One of the key selling points for this plugin is supposed to be that it's just like what you use for edublogs & here on WPMUDEV

Sorry, I'm afraid not. Pro-sites is the plugin used on edublogs and WPMUDEV. We don't have a content based membership site, so don't use this plugin ourselves on any of our sites.

but that's what it seems that everybody wants, something that works, looks and feels just like what you use here...so why havent you all provided that

we do, it's called Pro-sites :)

aecnu

Greetings pearsoncomm,

Sometimes the obvious really escapes ones thoughts, Barry is once again absolutely correct that the answer is the Pro Sites plugin.

Thank you Barry for bringing that to my attention as well.

Sorry for the confusion and misdirection going along the single thought of the Membership plugin.

Cheers, Joe

Join 370632 happy members

Get access to our entire collection of epic plugins, astonishing themes & genius support

Become a member