CustomPress - Error Adding Custom Post Type Via Taxonomies To Menu

I have created a sample post type and a sample taxonomy using CustomPress. The custom post type supports hierarchy. The option to add a menu item for all of the posts of a particular taxonomy/category is available in the WP Menu configuration and I can see the sample taxonomy/category that I set up. However, when I attempt to add the item to the menu, I'm greeted with the following:

Catchable fatal error: Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string in .../wp-admin/includes/nav-menu.php on line 73

Furthermore, when I click on the sample taxonomoy/category as listed under the new custom post type menu, i'm greeted with:

Cheatin’ uh?

I promise I'm not trying to cheat. Just figure this out. :-)

The only other plugin I have running is Membership. This is a single site install and I'm logged in as the SuperAdmin. Any help is appreciated.

Philip John

Hey Meadeiator!

The "Cheatin’ uh?" message you're getting is, I believe, related to trying to have multiple taxonomies of the same name.

To that end I have a couple of questions...
    Have you previously created customer post type taxonomies with the same name as the ones you have now but deleted them?
    Have you had any other custom post types running, created by something other than CustomPress?

It seems as though there may be taxonomies in the database with the name you're trying to use.

Try creating new taxonomies and adding them to the menu and see if you get the same error.

It may be worth reading this thread for reference: http://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/custompress-cheatin-uh-message

Cheers!
    Phil

Join 374743 happy members

Get access to our entire collection of epic plugins, astonishing themes & genius support

Become a member