• Erstwhile founder

domain.tld/members/{member}/groups/create

ex:
    firedup.me/members/admin/groups/create

Thanks,
    Andrew

giordano
    • #1,586

shouldn't a create link show up somewhere when you are logged in as a user?

or do I just create it?

giordano
    • #1,586

never mind I got it thanks Andrew

Andrew
    • Erstwhile founder

There's a create link on the toolbar at 'My Account > Groups > Create a Group'.

There's also a link on the user page:
    domain.tld/members/admin/

Click on the groups menu item.

Thanks,
    Andrew

blancdememoire
    • #3,534

Hi !

I don't find this create group button or function eighter in admin panel or at the tool bar.
    It's strange. I want to try managing buddy press and Mu to be able to assist others after so I guess that means lots of trial and errors work to do but if anyone can help please do.

Andrew
    • Erstwhile founder

Hiya,

Do you have the groups component enabled?

Thanks,
    Andrew

blancdememoire
    • #3,534

No realy ! it's realy realy strange, i've seen a picture of the explanation you give somewhere showing there is a button create group but in fact, I dunno if it's my version of buddy press but I don't have it and I can't easely create a group logged in as admin.

Does anyone have any idea what's up with my install ?

Andrew
    • Erstwhile founder

Which version of WPMU (or WP) and BuddyPress are you running?

Thanks,
    Andrew

blancdememoire
    • #3,534

Thanks for engaging me on this !

I have the latest version of both MU and Buddy Press and the group component is enabled.
    I'm using the theme schoolar and I'm saying since I've read on the buddypress forums that theme might have something to do with this.

blancdememoire
    • #3,534

I've uploaded an image to show you there is no group creation ''create group'' fonction with the top navigation and it's the same in admin panel with default install.

Maybe the fact that i've translated the whole site make a difference regarding this but i'd be realy surprised if it was so.

Lots of other people are facing this problem and others tell them this.
    http://buddypress.org/forums/topic/unable-to-create-groups-or-forums

Perhaps the latest version of buddypress has been hurried if it was like a piece of cake to do prior latest version.

— S

Andrew
    • Erstwhile founder

Hiya,

Can you switch to the default BuddyPress theme temporarily to see if the problem exists with that theme? That will let us know if it's a problem with the Scholar theme or not.

Thanks,
    Andrew

blancdememoire
    • #3,534

Ok I will do that this after noon and will let you know !

- S

Andrew
    • Erstwhile founder

It's not a problem with the theme then. At least that's a start :)

I doubt it's the language but just in case... can you switch it to english just for a minute to see if the problem remains?

Thanks,
    Andrew

Richie_KS

i think the adminbar did not have My Account > Groups > Create a Group in bp 1.2+
    only My Account > Groups > my groups and invites.

initially the bp 1.2 changed their created group and located it on groups directory where you should see "Create a Group" button.

if you want a to place a create group in homepage..just used text widget and add this code to the
    box....or any location with edting the template.

< a href="http://yoursite.com/groups/create/" class="button">Create your own group here!< /a >

for template add/edit
    < a href="<?php bloginfo('home'); ?>/groups/create/" class="button">Create your own group here!< /a >

the css might need a lil bit touch..

blancdememoire
    • #3,534

Andrew, I switched the language and still no difference.
    No way to create forum eigther even if I used the auto install bbpress and left all options enabled in admin so that's one other thing I would love very much if you'd be so kind to help me fix.

Richie thanks, I will now try your suggestion.

— S

blancdememoire
    • #3,534

Richie, where is this group directory you talk of located please ?

— S

blancdememoire
    • #3,534

Ok ! Never mind. I've found it just when I was getting to feel a bit depressed. Wuhh Uhh ! : )

I've got to the page by being login and searching groups from the search our community or the left side widget with that name and It's possible to create groups first and then forums this way. groups being a prerequisite before forum can be created.

the url path is this. http://yoursite.com/groups/create/step/group-details/

So I've found a way and I'm able to explain it but it would be a realy great idea if someone with programing skills was to work at setting it back as it was in prior version if that was so for upcoming versions since it would be much more user friendly to create groups from bpress top nav and admin menu.

blancdememoire
    • #3,534

if this can give anyone a hint for access within scholar theme here are two pics

Andrew
    • Erstwhile founder

Hint for access to what?

Thanks,
    Andrew

blancdememoire
    • #3,534

I meant this is where it's possible to go create groups because the top nav bar of buddypress does not have it anymore and I haven't seen any create group option in the admin.

- S

Andrew
    • Erstwhile founder

Hiya,

There's a "create a group" button on the groups directory page.

Thanks,
    Andrew

cpmrgmt
    • #14,762

I have red all the posts and the issue persists. I do not have any problem locating the button where to create new groups, it just doe snto work. Once I input Group name and description, click on Create Group and Continue. The window remains the same and nothing happens, no way to create even a group there regardless of theme, language, etc. Very frustrated with it.

Sue
    • Staff

@cpmrgmt Can you tell us what version of WPMU and BuddyPress you are using?

ivn

Is there a way to add the "Create Group" back into the buddypress admin bar?

My Account -> Groups -> Create Group

Join 370009 happy members

Get access to our entire collection of epic plugins, astonishing themes & genius support

Become a member