• Plugins
  • Created On ,
  • Most Recent By depex,

Help with Recent Posts display.

So I have the Recent Posts plugin working but I had a few questions.

1. If you look at FightNomads.com, you can see the Title of the blog post and the excerpt text is displayed below the avatar. How can I make it display to the right of the avatar, parallel to it? If you look at http://dansmuaythaimma.com/ you can see what I mean.

2. How do I remove the bullet/dot from the Recent Posts and the star from the Global Recent Posts Widget?

3. Is there a way to make a divider between each posts? Similar to the http://dansmuaythaimma.com/ there is the dotted line seperating each post?

I realize http://dansmuaythaimma.com/ doesnt use the plugins im just using it as a reference.

Thanks all!

Andrew
    • Erstwhile founder

Hiya,

Basically you have to edit the plugin to change these things I'm afraid. With the recent posts plugin you can specify a class or ID and pull off some things vis CSS. However, for others like #1 you're just going to have to edit the plugin to display the content like you want.

Thanks,
    Andrew

codysweet02

Would it be fairly easy to edit the plugin so the text is displayed parallel to the avatar? I have never used php before but if this chagne isnt too complicated I think I could do it myself.

Do you know of any good tutorials which might point me in the right direction?

Is there a reason you have them displayed with the text below the avatars? I think it looks much better to the right of the avatar so it doesnt take up as much space and everything is more condensed. Otherwise there is so much blank space next to each avatar and in my opinion makes it look as if it wasn't finished.

Thanks Andrew.

Andrew
    • Erstwhile founder

Hiya,

Would it be fairly easy to edit the plugin so the text is displayed parallel to the avatar?

Shouldn't be too difficult. Basic PHP knowledge would be required though.

Do you know of any good tutorials which might point me in the right direction?

You can find a bunch of PHP tutorials here:
    http://www.tizag.com/phpT/

Is there a reason you have them displayed with the text below the avatars?

Most people use the 16px avatar which lines up nicely with the title.

Thanks,
    Andre

codysweet02

Thanks Andrew.

I can see most would use the 16px with the widget version but with the main page version 16 seems awfully small. It would be nice if the text automatically wrapped around so it worked with any size px just as well as with 16px.

Andrew
    • Erstwhile founder

Hiya,

I'm afraid there aren't any plans to modify the plugin at the moment. As I mentioned above, you're best bet is to edit the plugin to display the content as you need it to.

Thanks,
    Andrew

rfair404

I use the sitewide tag plugin which aggrigates all sitewide posts into tagfeed.mysite.com

the blog ID is 9 is there a way to exclude this blog from the recent post entries, so that I do not see double double all of my posts?

rfair404

Well, silly me for not trying a bit harder before posting it somewhere. I added AND blog_id != '1' AND blog_id != '9' on line 53 of the plugin file. Just after the code
    $query = "SELECT * FROM " . $wpdb->base_prefix . "site_posts WHERE blog_public = '1'

drmike

Hmmm, it doesn't check for the mature setting? That's the route I would have gone. Set blog #9 to mature and get it out of all the indexes and lists. Gotta admit that if the plugin is indexing mature blogs, that would be an issue.

dkean

I am using the ahp_recent_posts and everything works great, but was wondering if there is a way to paginate the results so I could have a "more" or "next page" function to then show results 7-12, ... ...

Curious to know if this could be done?

Cheers

Andrew
    • Erstwhile founder

Hiya,

I'm sure that can be done. However, I'm afraid I have no experience with that plugin (never tried it).

Note that this thread was discussing our premium recent posts plugin.

Thanks,
    Andrew

dkean

Yeah, I have the premium recent post installed as well, but ran into the same problem- they are both very similar in code, few differences here and there (namely bitmask).

Im going to work on a possible pagination, will post any progress. If anyone is interested, lets google wave this.

Cheers

depex

Any progress on the pagination dkean?