• Plugins
  • Created On ,
  • Most Recent By Emersonh,

How do I change the font colors.

I want to change the text colors to work better with the colors of my theme. Where and how do I do that. See sample screenshots

Philip John

Hiya!

If you know how to use CSS then you can add styles like this to your theme:

#qa-page-wrapper {
        color: #ffffff;
    }

That would turn all the text white.

Additionally, if you add this to your theme:
    <?php add_theme_support('qa_style'); ?>

...the plugin's default styles will be removed and everything will be inherited from your theme. You can then tweak it to appear exactly how you want it to be.

Phil

Emersonh

Thanks. I am just learning how to work with CSS. So if you can tell me where I need to go to input this information it would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Philip John

You should see a style.css file in your theme's folder (e.g. /wp-content/themes/twentyten/style.css) into which you can add those rules.

Phil

Emersonh

I thought that I got it but I am still having the same issue. This is what I entered on general.css:

#qa-page-wrapper {
    float: left;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding-bottom: 2em;
    color: #ffffff;
    }

#qa-error-notice {
    background-color: #ffebe8;
    border: 1px solid #c00;
    font-weight: bold;
    margin-bottom: 20px;
    padding: 5px;
    }

#qa-auth {
    margin-bottom: 20px;
    }

DID I GET THIS RIGHT? WAS I ON THE RIGHT PAGE?

The color of my theme fonts is black.

One thought a friend suggested is to make the background of the qa white. The blog posts appear that way. How can I make that change?

Chris

If you send us a link to your site, this might make it easier.

Chris

Possible you should try background-color:#ffffff; instead, but its a lot easier if we can see the site.

Chris

Its all in http://ideclairmedia.com/wp-content/plugins/qa/default-templates/css/general.css

Change text colour on questions by deleting the "color:#07C" on .question a

.question a:link, .question a:hover {
    color: #07C;
    text-decoration: none;
    }

Ultimately, you'll need to work through and identify what colours you want to change.

In Chrome, right click the item you want to change, and select Inspect Item, then in the popup, it will tell you which styles are involved.

You'll need to use Firebug or Web Developers Toolbar in Firefox

Chris

(If this helped, feel free to say thanks with a few points!)

Emersonh

I changed the text colors, but after viewing it, I would prefer to have a white background so that the QA will be consistent with the blog pasts, polls, and classified ads. What do I have to change to get the white background?

Thanks