How to make e-shop like etsy?

Hi all,
how can I make e-shop like etsy on provision base where multiple users can register and add their own products?

The website has to be fully editable like CMS and admin can change everything on the website. The website should work independly of you in the future and should be very easy changeble by us (themes, design...).

The website has to be multilinguall.

The webpage should be very quickly in response also by a lots of users.

For examples look at etsy.com, sashe.sk, dawanda.com, folksy.com, fler.cz.

There should be graphs and tables of daily, weekly, monthly, yearly sales of the whole sales and sales of individuals.

The system should count every person and should count how much is the provision for the company, which provides it and how much money should be sent to the seller.

The eshop system panel should have every seller its own - very good manageble, with tables, graphs of sales, transprotation and visit of his own products.

Every seller has to have its own profile, own pictures, and can add pictures of products, descripton, comments.

Every customer can add comments.

It has to be connected with social networks.

There should be a very good search engine.

The regitered sellers can add videos to their produts.

Admin can add videos into the website.

It inclueds:

- panel of products in categories - which are selling currently

- panel with pictures of newest products on the webpage

- panel with pictures of currently added products

- panel with pictures of currently selled products

- panel with information of how many products are currantly in the shop by how many producers

- blogs (the summary of last 10 on the home page)

- news (the summary of last 3 on the home page)

- comments (the summary of last 5 on the home page)

Which plugins are needed? What are the steps to make such e-shop?

Thanks for your advice :-)

Timothy

Hey there.

I'm not overly familiar with e-shop any more, its been a while since I used it. Do they not provide any support or documents to help?

The website has to be fully editable like CMS and admin can change everything on the website. The website should work independly of you in the future and should be very easy changeble by us (themes, design...).

So you want shops to independently, as in their own installation?

You wouldn't get an etsy style system with either e-shop (as far as I know) or our MarketPress. Usually these things work from one code base, like with WordPress Multisite.

Each site could appear and sell independently within a network WordPress install with MarketPress.

The website has to be multilinguall.

Consider something like WPML:

http://wpml.org/

I know that one works with our MarketPress, not sure about e-shop though.

The webpage should be very quickly in response also by a lots of users.

With speed there are lots of considerations like efficient code, minimal use of plugins and themes to keep it optimal and server spec. If you are on a shared host things will be slower generally.

There should be graphs and tables of daily, weekly, monthly, yearly sales of the whole sales and sales of individuals.
    The system should count every person and should count how much is the provision for the company, which provides it and how much money should be sent to the seller.
    The eshop system panel should have every seller its own - very good manageble, with tables, graphs of sales, transprotation and visit of his own products.

You would need contact them about these questions, I'm unsure of their system.

We don't provide graphs in our MarketPress but we do have store stats for the current and previous month.

Every seller has to have its own profile, own pictures, and can add pictures of products, descripton, comments.

Maybe use BuddyPress?

http://buddypress.org

Every customer can add comments.

By default that isn't enabled on MarketPress, I'm not sure about e-shop though.

It has to be connected with social networks.

You could use our Ultimate Facebook plugin:

http://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-facebook

There should be a very good search engine.

Many plugins just use the default WordPress search.

We do offer integration with Google search:

http://premium.wpmudev.org/project/custom-google-search

The regitered sellers can add videos to their produts.

WordPress allows the embedding of Youtube videos through oEmbed. It also supports other services:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Embeds

Admin can add videos into the website.
    It inclueds:
    - panel of products in categories - which are selling currently
    - panel with pictures of newest products on the webpage
    - panel with pictures of currently added products
    - panel with pictures of currently selled products
    - panel with information of how many products are currantly in the shop by how many producers
    - blogs (the summary of last 10 on the home page)
    - news (the summary of last 3 on the home page)
    - comments (the summary of last 5 on the home page)

Are you asking about widgets and sich here?

Our MarketPress offers a number of widgets and shortcodes which can achieve much of that. There are other widgets available that can help with other item.

Again I'm not sure about the e-shop plugin though, you would need to ask them.

http://premium.wpmudev.org/project/global-site-tags

Which plugins are needed? What are the steps to make such e-shop?

I listed a number of plugins which would help here. Now reading this, are you referring to e-shop the plugin or just e-shop in general? As in a shop?

I was presuming originally you wanted to make e-shop do this....

Take care.

chvojkapavel
    • #20,785

Hi Timothy,
    thanks for some good advices.

I wish you all the best ;-)

Join 368499 happy members

Get access to our entire collection of epic plugins, astonishing themes & genius support

Become a member