I have been locked out of my dashboard with this message: Warning: include(/home/content/s/r/i/srini

I was trying to connect Jetpack to WP but forgot my login info. After the third try, it locked me out altogether with this message: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare grunion_media_button() (previously declared in /home/content/s/r/i/srinivas2010/html/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/modules/contact-form/admin.php:14) in /home/content/s/r/i/srinivas2010/html/wp-content/themes/care/functions/contact-form/grunion-contact-form.php on line 682

I tried re-naming the "grunion-contact-form.php" in FTP per the advice of someone in the forum. That only led to another error message. What can I do?

Patrick

Hi @Dorothy

Welcome to the forums!

Renaming the files within the plugin would only render them inaccessible by the plugin, which is still installed and looking for them. So the 2nd error message is perfectly natural.

To regain access to your admin, rename the offending plugin to something else such as DISABLEDjetpack

Dorothy
    • #6,911

Thanks, Patrick! But does this mean I can't use Jetpack?

Patrick

@Dorothy

I would try again. I've never had difficulty installing it on any sites. But jot down your wordpress.com login info first so you don't get bumped again. :)

However, if it locks you out again even with the correct login, that would be an indication of something more sinister going on on your site.

Dorothy
    • #6,911

Guess what? I just updated jetpack, and before even trying to connect it to Wordpress, it locked me out with this message (don't know if its the same as last time):

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare grunion_media_button() (previously declared in /home/content/s/r/i/srinivas2010/html/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/modules/contact-form/admin.php:14) in /home/content/s/r/i/srinivas2010/html/wp-content/themes/care/functions/contact-form/grunion-contact-form.php on line 682

Now I'm frightened.

Patrick

@Dorothy

I've been trying real hard to reproduce this error on a test site.

But, after being redirected to the Jetpack login page, and no matter how many times I enter wrong login info there, I can keep trying again and again:
    https://jetpack.wordpress.com/wp-login.php

I can't succeed in generating any errors... usually that's a good thing. ;)

Before your 2nd attempt, did you rename the file you had changed earlier to what is was before?

Join 365750 happy members

Get access to our entire collection of epic plugins, astonishing themes & genius support

Become a member