Is there a way to remove 'Report this Post' and 'Report this Blog'?

Hi,

It is possible to remove the 'Report this Post' message that appears at the end of each post. This functionality is not required on my site - all posts are created by our writers and we do not want readers reporting posts. Comments are of course a different matter - we do want the readers to report comments.

Also would like to be able to remove the 'Report this Blog' message on the homepage of every blog. I guess this feature is there to protect against splogs - not something we are too concerned about. Our site is an online publication with a small number of writers - both messages are how can I say inappropriate for our site.

I have had a look at the PHP code but there does not seem to be a way to easily switch this functionality off - actually happy to leave the functionality in place so long as the links 'Report this Post' and Report this Blog' do not appear i.e. commenting out the code used to display this message would be entirely acceptable as a fix.

I am hoping there is a simple solution as I really like the capability of reporting on comments that this plugin provides.

Andrew
    • Erstwhile founder

Hiya,

You can't easily turn the functionality completely off but you can remove the "report this" links by commenting out lines 47 and 53 in moderation_framework.php.

I've never tried this.... but you may be able to hide the functionality in the admin panel by also commenting out lines 218, 219 and 222 in moderation_framework.php.

Thanks,
    Andrew

puirseal
    • #3,634

Amazingly prompt reply.Thank you Andrew I will try that, By commenting out lines 47 and 53 will I still get the link appearing for comments (excuse me asking just want to be double sure before I make the changes as I am under some pressure regarding the launch date of our site.

puirseal
    • #3,634

Thanks Aaron and thanks again Andrew. Very much appreciated.

2Ps

Now lines 50 and 56 respectively in

plugins/modration/moderation.php

(version 1.0.3)

regards,

diogenese19348
    • Elite
    • #1,660

I ran across the same issue on a company site I am building. That's why I like this place (and wordpress in general) it is so easy to get a quick answer to your questions. Suppression of that link probably ought to be a control panel option - any time the site is tightly controlled you are not going to want to see it.

diogenese19348
    • Elite
    • #1,660

Hmmm.... I think that file may have changed again from a year ago. Exactly what am I looking for to comment out?

50 is: add_action('init', 'moderation_init'); which I DON'T think I want to comment out.

56 is: add_action('wp_print_scripts', 'moderation_print_scripts');

vesh_tivzenda
    • #16,526

How do you remove "Report this blog" and "Report this post" in the new WP 3.5?

Serge

How do I remove it from it? I see multiple different answers.

Join 370541 happy members

Get access to our entire collection of epic plugins, astonishing themes & genius support

Become a member