Market Press with Affiliate Tracking?

Hello,

I noticed Market Press states that it is "affiliate ready" however, correct me if I am wrong, this refers to the owner of the website (which is running Market Press) being an affiliate of other sites and referring sales to them.

However, if I wanted to be able to run my own Affiliate Program, using the WPMU Affiliate Plugin, does it integrate with Market Press? Or, if it does not automatically do this, is there any tutorial explaining how?

I came across a link but am not sure if this does what I'm referring to: http://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/integrating-the-affiliate-plugin-part-one/ b

Thanks,
Kristy

DavidM

Hi Kristy,

That's correct that being affiliate ready does mean that it provides for affiliate functionality allowing you to list products with affiliate codes for use with other affiliate programs.

As for Affiliate plugin integration, it's technically possible to track things manually, it's just that currently there's not the type of integration where a user can have specific sales tracked.

I believe that is in the plans for Affiliate but for now, the article you linked to is the best resource for customizing Affiliate for MarketPress as such.

Hope that helps!

-David

DavidM

Hi dfathers,

That article would be the best starting point, I believe, for integration. I don't know of this currently being done by anyone else, but the developers were looking at it. I've tagged one of them on your other post surrounding this, and he can have a look once he gets a free moment.

-David

johnnymestizo

+1 for individual MP product commissions through the affiliate plugin.

Cheers

Johnny

antKat
    • Elite

+1 for individual MP product commissions through the affiliate plugin.

renegademarketer
    • #5,837

+1 for individual MP product commissions through the affiliate plugin. This would be a huge addition and make the plugin much more powerful.

harounkola

+1 for affiliate tracking of MarketPress plugin.

Jason
    • #1,702

+1 for affiliate tracking with MarketPress. This is in my mind WPMU DEV's biggest weakness - you don't have a feature set that is universally needed for internet marketing of any kind of product.

Any idea when you will have a new or upgraded affiliate plugin that integrates with MarketPress to allow affiliate tracking of products?

aecnu

Greetings Everyone,

Moving this ticket to the applicable Feature Requests sections and notifying the lead developer of the request.

Thank you all for being WPMU Dev Members!

Cheers, Joe

Aaron

We have an addon for the affiliate plugin almost ready to go. Just needs some polishing.

Jason
    • #1,702

Sweet! I assume this addon is for MarketPress integration - please confirm. I've got a number of initiatives on hold for this capability, and I assume others in this thread do as well. Thanks!

aecnu

Greetings Everyone,

To me that is great and exciting news coming from Aaron!

Cheers, Joe

renegademarketer
    • #5,837

I'm very excited. I know a lot of members have been waiting for this integration and can't wait to get their hands on the new plugin.

JDJ
    • #2,408

Great news! Can't wait to test it out!

JDJ
    • #2,408

Just one question:
    Will this addon let each store owner run their own affiliate program or will it be marketplace wide?
    Thanks

Jason
    • #1,702

Can we get an update on this - specifically an ETA on release and a description of features? I'm quickly running out of time that I can wait on a true affiliate plugin that works with Marketpress and will need to choose another solution soon if this continues to be delayed. Thanks.

jcegordon
    • #24,088

what's the status on this plugin?

renegademarketer
    • #5,837

Received email that MarketPress & Affiliates plugin are now integrated!!! Great news. The community has been waiting and now you delivered. Thanks. Can't wait to test it out.

aecnu

Greetings Everyone,

It has happened!

It is indeed out and as the lead developer of the Affiliates plugin said this is indeed the first pass at integration so please be patient if any issue are found and be sure to give detailed bug reports if any.

Thank you all for your patience and for being WPMU Dev Members!

Cheers, Joe