Marketpress shopping cart

hello,

what would be a way that i can implement a view shopping cart/check out link or something when using the network theme that does not have a side bar? see link: here

thanks,
gina

Aaron

You can use the shortcode or put the template function in your template files. <?php mp_cart_link(); ?>

gina

thank you! that'll work. :)

i got mp working with network theme (thanks mason) and it is a great fit!

just wish there was a way to have global products post to activity wall.. that would be awesome! *hint* haha!

thanks aaron! :)

mcmasterp
    • Elite

FYI I added this:
    $content .= '<a class="mp_link_addcart" href="'.mp_checkout_step_url($checkout_step).'">Shopping Cart</a>';
    to get a shopping cart link under the add to cart button. In marketpress.php create a new line under line 1162 and add that code. It'll give you a button formatted just like the add to cart button and directly under it.

gina

Wow mc! Perfect!! Thanks so much!

I'll try it when I get home.

Thanks again.

G

gina

hi mc.. that worked for single product pages.. any idea how to add it to /store/ and also /store/product/ ?

thanks in advance,
    gina

DavidM

Hi Gina,

Are you looking to get the shopping cart link added to the store pages?

If so, you'll have a much easier time since you'll just need to add the cart link shortcode to the store page created by MarketPress upon activation. As for the Products page, you should be able to enter the shortcodes in the page under Products > Store Settings > Messages (just scroll down the page to see the various pages).

The shortcodes are listed under Products > Store Settings > Help.

Cheers,
    David

gina

hi david :)

ya i had finally figured that out after a good nites sleep. been running low on that!

but thanks so much!
    gina

larsman
    • #3,681

Is this information from above still accurate or should the information be placed in a different location?

"FYI I added this:
    $content .= 'Shopping Cart';
    to get a shopping cart link under the add to cart button. In marketpress.php create a new line under line 1162 and add that code. It'll give you a button formatted just like the add to cart button and directly under it. "

Thanks

Join 376366 happy members

Get access to our entire collection of epic plugins, astonishing themes & genius support

Become a member