Membership with Gravity Forms Registration

how do I use a custom Gravity Form (with GF registration Add-on) instead on subscription form short code?

wp 3.03 / GF 1.5.rc2.1 / User Registration Add-on 1.0.beta1 / Member premium 1.0.4

Hiya Dimitry!

First off, welcome to WPMU DEV! :D

Honestly, those products are in beta and I doubt have been well-tested together on any setup. Our integration with Gravity Forms here is more for actually displaying/hiding the forms than using them for the subscription process.

I'll ask a couple devs to comment but I don't believe this level of integration is planned at the moment.

S H Mohanjith

You could add the gravity form after subscription form or before sign up (before subscription is easier). To help you better can you please elaborate what you are trying to achieve.

• #10,328

Thank you so much for the welcome and for replying!

There is a section of the WordPress Membership options settings that asks what you want the join page to be and that it must include:

This is the page a new user will be redirected to when they want to register on your site.

It can contain any content you want but must contain the [subscriptionform] shortcode in some location.

But I have already created a very complex GF form for the client to register users/members for the site already (including membership payment amounts) which they want to use instead of default [subscriptionform].

To see the gf form visit:

[Edit: Removed at user request]

There are two levels of paid membership: Opportunity, Professional
    Each includes a 1-year subscription.

So I need to know the best or easiest path / dev guidelines for me to explain to my programmer on how to get WordPress Membership to ignore its own form and accept gravity form member entries instead... or to simply let GF feed new members to WordPress Membership tables directly (we could leave WordPress Membership form on a hidden page and just ignore it). I see that WordPress Membership has it's own internal plugins for gateways etc... could that be used? Or can WordPress Membership automatically be made to add members from gf submitted users?

And, if there is no way to do this with WordPress Membership then could you recommend any other membership system that can allow this?

Thanks so much and happy holidays!

• #10,328

Good news! Tests using using the gravity form to register new members actually works:

--Submitted members are visible under membership plugin
    --They are assigned the default membership level...
    --all without involving the official member submission form

Still to figure out (probably easy but this is my first bp / membership site assuming the worst, lol)

--how to actually process membership paypal payments after GF form submission
    --correctly setting up membership levels, subscriptions etc: I think for this site it makes sense to actually have only one true member level and determine payments based on subscriptions for member level s and individual events...

S H Mohanjith

How about redirecting the user to subscription form after the user is first logged in?

• #10,328

Ah I see!...

Thanks! That might work... (duh! I think I'm starting to get how this works I had confused subscriptions with memberships...)

So since in my GF form the subscription level is already determined by the user's choices...

Could I somehow pass only the correct subscription level (no other choices) from GF to membership subscription form? GF allows me to "Pass Field Data Via Query String" in this form: phone={Phone:1}&email{Email:2}...

Ideally, I would love to know if it would be possible to code a membership add-on to have a drop-down right in membership that gave you the option to pick a GF as the subscription form or vice versa a GF add-on that would add a drop-down in GF that would select an available subscription and or member level from member plugin based on GF conditionals or user choice and feed it to subscription form on redirect/submission.

Do you know what I mean?

S H Mohanjith

Right now it's not possible, but you could code an add-on if you wish. You probably want to generate the payment form/button from the add on. You can do so by calling the filter 'membership_subscription_form_subscription_process' .

If you get stuck or confused please feel free to post here :)

• #10,328

Thank you SH,

Can you please post a php code sample as to how to call the filter and add [insert your code here] section so I can better understand the function?

Hiya Dimitry. I've removed the link in your post above. In the future, feel free to post something like this in our 'members only' forum.

• #13,755

Maybe someone will benefits from this....
    I got this working using only GF to register the user.

In my form I have radio inout in which the user chooses the Membership they want... I only have 2 memberships levels and the basic level is set by default.
    Then after registration I'm upgrading/setting the membership level using GF's gform_after_submission hook and the $wpdb->update, if they select the premium membership.
    here is that piece of code:
    add_action( 'gform_after_submission_3', 'post_to_third_party', 10, 2 );
    function post_to_third_party( $entry, $form ) {
    $membership_id_setter = rgar( $entry, '14' );
    $user = get_user_by( 'email', rgar( $entry, '3' ) );
    $new_user_id = $user->ID;
    if($membership_id_setter == 2) {
    $membership_id_setter2 = "premium - " . $new_user_id;
    global $wpdb;
    $wpdb->update( 'wp_m_membership_relationships', array("sub_id" => "$membership_id_setter"), array("user_id" => $new_user_id), array("%s"), array("%d") );
    $wpdb->update( 'wp_m_membership_relationships', array("level_id" => "$membership_id_setter"), array("user_id" => $new_user_id), array("%s"), array("%d") );

• Monthly
      • #2,091

Hi Victor,
      Could you give a little more info about your code above? It looks perfect for what I need to do, but what does the value "14" stand for, and which values do I replace with my own membership values?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We pride ourselves on our level of customer support and responsiveness to member requests. Your WordPress experience will never be the same

Become a member

• PayPal Partner