[mp_list_global_products] Showing as "No Products"

Okay, so I'm making myself a little crazy. I'm trying to use marketpress to list services from different vendors on one main site. I managed to get the products to show up on the main site for a little while, but then I must have done something that made them go away. Now it just shows "no products". On the sub-site where the products are originally listed, they're showing up just fine. I have no idea what I did wrong but it would be SO awesome if someone could tell me!

Also, in the shopping cart page where you can change the quantity, I would like to change the table header to "word count" instead. I thought I was clever when I found the <th> tag, but it turns out I'm actually clueless.

In case you need to see it, my main site is http://www.inkwellinternational.com and the only editor that has any products is Number 1.

Help! And thank you in advance!

    Philip John

    Hiya!

    First off, have you checked that all your network settings for MarketPress are set properly?

    Have you installed any new plugins recently? Maybe something has knocked it out of kilter?

    Cheers,
    Phil

    EducatedSavage
    • 14
    • #8,731

    Hey there, thanks for replying!

    I have checked the network settings and I THINK they're set properly, unless there's a trick somewhere in there somewhere.

    No new plugins were installed. The products were showing just fine when there was only one, then I added two more in the same category on the same subsite and *POOF* gone!

    I'm feeling REALLY clueless and stupid about now.... help?

    Philip John

    Can you send some URL examples of products on sub-sites please?

    Thanks,
    Phil

    Philip John

    Hmm, I'm a bit baffled myself... I'm gonna ask a couple of guys to chip in with me here. Would you be open to allowing us super admin access so we can check it's all set up okay? If so, send it through the contact form and include a link back to this thread so we can track back.

    Cheers,
    Phil

    Mason

    Hiya EducatedSavage,

    I'd also ask if that sub-site is perhaps set to 'private' under Settings>Privacy. If it is, then products will not be picked up or displayed globally. Please can you verify this?

    Thanks!

    EducatedSavage
    • 14
    • #8,731

    Wow, that was painfully obvious and something I should have checked on my own. Switched the settings from "block search engines, but visitors can visit as normal" to "allow search engines" and the products magically appeared!

    So... since I have you guys, any chance you have any hints on changing the 'quantity' label to 'word count'?

    erikjohansson

    i did the same and it took me 3 days to figure it out and with help from support.

    masonjames is it possible to remove that thing from signup?

    Mason

    Hiya erik,

    It's possible to set the default privacy option through our New Blog Templates plugin or Blog Defaults on wordpress.org.

    You could also use our additional privacy plugin so that the default is set - and then isn't changeable except by Super Admins.

    Thanks!

    erikjohansson

    Thx Masonjames, another plugin to install, what is the max of plugins that a marketpress, multisite etsy like sytem can handle before it get to sluggish?

    Mason

    Hiya,

    That's a good question, but a tricky one to answer. A plugin that provides a certain setting as a 'default' for new blogs such as the ones I mention above really doesn't take too much processing power so isn't something to worry about. MarketPress itself is a pretty complex and intensive plugin but there's no 'set limit' or anything.

    After making sure that your plugins all work well together on your install (which can be a challenge in itself) I like to use a plugin to tell me where the memory is being used on my system and also when I might need to upgrade or change my server config. Check out this plugin for help with that:
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/memory-viewer/

    Hope that helps!

    erikjohansson

    Hi Masonjames,

    i got this result any ideas what it means?

    ACTION HOOK: plugins_loaded - 17.81 MBs
    ACTION HOOK: setup_theme - 19.33 MBs
    ACTION HOOK: init - 20.44 MBs
    ACTION HOOK: wp_head - 20.51 MBs
    ACTION HOOK: wp_footer - 20.6 MBs
    ACTION HOOK: plugins_loaded - 20.5 MBs
    MAX MEMORY USED: 20.96 MBs

    Mason

    The results you see are showing you current memory usage during certain stages of your WordPress site loading. For example, after WordPress sets up your theme, it was using 19.33 MB. Later in the execution, after WordPress footer, it was using 20.6 MB

    The output you see won't help identify where the problem is, but may shed some light on where to start looking. The results you pasted don't appear that your script is using excessive memory usage.

    The author of this plugin is also looking at adding mySQL query times to this plugin which would help pinpoint exactly which product would be causing a memory issue. Definitely a plugin to keep an eye on :)

Join 378118 happy members

Get access to our entire collection of epic plugins, astonishing themes & genius support

Become a member