MYSQL -PhpMyAdmin - Starfield Technologies Inc.

Hello All! I first have to say this is awesome! Love all the plugins, I am like a kid in a candy shop! :0)

Setting up Multi-Site and then Pro-sites. In following the directions I am getting a #1044 Access Denied. I am wondering if anyone else has installed multi-DB on the Starfield Technologies and if they have any pointers. I have searched and have not found anything on this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

aecnu

Greetings SuccessfulGirl,

Setting up Multi-Site and then Pro-sites. In following the directions I am getting a #1044 Access Denied. I am wondering if anyone else has installed multi-DB on the Starfield Technologies and if they have any pointers. I have searched and have not found anything on this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ok your post is a little scrambled trying to figure out exactly what you are referring to.

WordPress 3.3.1?
    Buddy Press?

Pro Sites plugin where does that fit in or is that what you have already installed?

The problem you are having is with Multi DB? In which you are getting error #1044?

Please advise.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

SuccessfulGirl
    • #15,411

What I have done:

WP is installed.
    I have done the multi-site install.
    I am currently doing the install of Multi-DB.

I Select the DB SQL link and type your database name (same name as your default WordPress DB) followed by an underscore (_). Choose the number of databases and click "Submit".

Logged in phpMyAdmin. Log into my server, selected the SQL tab and pasted everything in and clicked go, that is when I get the #1044 access denied.

Wondering if I need to do some coding in PhpMyAdmin or something, it's running on Starfield Technologies, so I didn't know if anyone had any tricks to make it work.

aecnu

After doing a quick domain look up and trace route I found it is actually Go Daddy hosting under a different name.

Therefore with this in mind and if memory servers me today I think they have the databases kept on a separate server rather then localhost you would need to use the DB servers IP and all permissions granted for your user name normally done from root in mysql using the following command:

grant ALL on database_name.* to 'database_username'@'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' identified by 'databaseuserpassword';

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx = database server IP address

Please advise if I am right about the separate database server configuration is still applicable?

Cheers, Joe

SuccessfulGirl
    • #15,411

Thanks Joe for the reply.

Where do I place the grant ALL code? Do I paste it above all the db info that is supposed placed in the SQL tab?

Thanks in advance!

aecnu

This operation of permissions must be done by root access, therefore if you have a dedicated server you can do it yourself logged in as root in SSH, if you are on a VPS you might be able to do it same method as dedicated server, and if on shared hosting you are not able to do it the server admin must do it.

What we really need to find out right now (you and I) is if the database server is separate from the web server?

If so then you we need to look at your db-config.php file and make sure it has the right IP in there and not "localhost" nor your web server IP.

So the question to pose to their tech support is what is the IP for your web hosting and what is the IP for the MySQL database?

Then if they are the same IP they need to grant you the permissions through root access. If they are different IP's then we need to make sure that the database IP is indeed the one in the db-config.php file.

Please advise with the IP's as mentioned above and we will know the next step to take.

Cheers, Joe

aecnu

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Join 374868 happy members

Get access to our entire collection of epic plugins, astonishing themes & genius support

Become a member