Need Popup to appear when a link is clicked. How to add a Unique Referrer Rule?

I need the popup to appear only when a link is clicked. How can the code be modified to allow this to happen? In this thread:

http://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/pop-up-when-user-clicks-the-register-button

It speaks about "Then you could add the signup page to the 'unique referrer' rule for the pop over plugin. Just might do the trick."

How did I add a Unique Referrer Rule? I just need the pop up to show when someone is trying to go to a specific page.

Thanks

Arun Basil Lal
    • #28,480

Oops, missed that question:

How did I add a Unique Referrer Rule? I just need the pop up to show when someone is trying to go to a specific page.

Let me ask Barry to give you an answer on that.

@Barry -

Suppose I have a link that says "Register" that takes me to the register page from say and account page. I understand that the Unique Referrer Rule accepts regular expressions. Can you help write one for this situation? i.e. for the register page, the account page is the referrer, how to take that into account?

Thanks!

primated
    • #2,541

I do not need it for the register page, but say someone clicks on a link on a page going to a specific page, can the Pop up be made to work when users are going to a specific page? That would work as well, this way I just need to set the popup to appear immediately whenever users visit a certain page.
    Thanks.

Arun Basil Lal
    • #28,480

Hey primated,

It can work that way I think, I am waiting for the response from Barry on this.

It can show a pop-up when the user comes from a specific referrer. So this should be possible :)

Barry

but say someone clicks on a link on a page going to a specific page, can the Pop up be made to work when users are going to a specific page?

that is in our feature request list for the next release.

primated
    • #2,541

Sorry for the delay, I've been busier then an Aardvark on Planet Ant.

Any idea when the next release is?

Thanks

Join 365750 happy members

Get access to our entire collection of epic plugins, astonishing themes & genius support

Become a member