New Blog Templates Activation Error

Can anyone throw some light on this fatal error I got with this plugin and the message about only compatible with Wordpress Multisite;

"Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error."
"The New Blog Templates plugin is only compatible with WordPress Multisite."

Like the concept of this plugin so I was disappointed to find issues. Making templates fromsites you are happy with and using to clone more is exciting really!

Can anyone throw some light?

Hi Challenger,

The plugin actually requires Multisite to be enabled in order to work. You'll find out all about Multisite at the following page in our manuals.

Enabling Multisite on your WordPress site will let you create other blogs and New Blog Templates can then be used to create templates from those existing blogs, to be used when creating new blogs.

Hope that helps, let us know if you have any questions on that!

• #18,426

Hi Davis,

Thanks for your reply. I have read the manual page and I am getting to grips with understanding multi-site. I joined WPMU for the choice templates to start with and of course the support. Multi- Site WP is a new concept for me but it seems like a powerful way to globally manage multiple sites.

So, just for clarity, I can configure a normal WP install by making the changes as directed in the manual link and I then have the choice to use as a single blog (site) (if I so wish) which will then allow me to use the New Blog Templates plugin?

Thanks for your patience with this eager to learn newbie as far as multi-site goes. I genuinely appreciate your help.

We pride ourselves on our level of customer support and responsiveness to member requests. Your WordPress experience will never be the same

Become a member

• PayPal Partner