new multisite set up error

Insertion Error: Table 'fitshop_wp362.wp_10_8_commentmeta' doesn't exist - The template was not applied. (New Blog Templates - With CREATE TABLE query for Additional Tables)

I keep getting this error when i set up a new multisite. the site it self look ok, the new set upon, however the checkout page is broken, and the images dont show up.

any idea on what is causing this.

3SixtyEvolve
    • #2,758

Greetings @cliffkovacs

First of all - very important:

No 1 - You should have your Multisite WordPress install on your root directory.
    No 2 - Please make sure you followed the steps in this manual - Creating a network by enabling WordPress Multisite

Please confirm whether you set up your network with sub-directories or sub-domains.

Once I have this information I would be able to better assist you.

Have a good day and I look forward to receive your feedback.

GinaB

cliffkovacs
    • #3,891

When I installed Wp there was a box i selected to enable multi sites(so i skipped all the wp_config edits) i set it up as subdoamains

Timothy

When I installed Wp there was a box i selected to enable multi sites(so i skipped all the wp_config edits) i set it up as subdoamains

Are you using something like Fantastico or some other WordPress installer? Just wondering, just don't recall seeing a checkbox to select for multisite when installing WordPress, unless I just miss it.

_commentmeta

Does that existing the site your are using for the template?

checkout page is broken

What checkout page? Which plugin?

the images dont show up.

Can we see some links so we can have a closer look please?

Thanks.

cliffkovacs
    • #3,891

Are you using something like Fantastico or some other WordPress installer?
    yep, softilious

Just wondering, just don't recall seeing a checkbox to select for multisite when installing WordPress, unless I just miss it.
    _commentmeta
    Does that existing the site your are using for the template?
    yep using the eshop theme from elegant themes.
    checkout page is broken
    What checkout page? Which plugin?
    estore shopping cart
    the images dont show up.
    Can we see some links so we can have a closer look please?
    the main and templates site is http://www.fit-shop.com.au this one works great. the multi site is
    http://www.fit-shop.com.au/yourpeak this one has a broken shopping cart and no images.

Timothy

Which version does softilious install?

yep using the eshop theme from elegant themes.

Well the error is saying this "wp_10_8_commentmeta" table is not in your DB

estore shopping cart

What did the estore developers say about this?

All the images on those links look fine to me. Did you get em fixed up?

Take care.

cliffkovacs
    • #3,891

I worked out how to fix the tables problem- Im using the blog template plug in, and under advanced settings I have to select all the tables that I want to be part of the template. somehow these tables become "unchecked" so I have to eke going back and checking them.
    so my new sites are working ok, apart form a few widget glitches and the images.

I dont know how to get the images to show on the new multi sites.

Timothy

Excellent, please that is now working for you.

I can't see broken images on the links you gave, sorry?

Where are they?

Take care.

cliffkovacs
    • #3,891

fit-shop.com.au/peak5
    has no images, however
    fit-shop.com.au/peak3 does, I'm not sure whats going on, it seems very glitchy atm.

My goal is to sell the new stores, and with on click have the template set up and fully working on the new sites domain.

Timothy

So what is currently entered in the admin area for those broken images?

Can I check you are on the latest version of everything as well including theme, WordPress and New Blog Template.

Can you double check everything is selected for the new blog template which is needed to be for transfer over.

Thanks.

cliffkovacs
    • #3,891

all my versions are up to date.

not sure what you mean.

I checked every box in the new blog template, each time i create a new blog about 50 more boxes appear in the selections.

Timothy

not sure what you mean.

The areas where the images are defined from, what appears there. Is there an image entered?

I checked every box in the new blog template, each time i create a new blog about 50 more boxes appear in the selections.

I don't think I understand what you mean there? You have more plugins, so more boxes are there?

Take care.

Timothy

What I mean is in the admin area where the fields blank, just wondering what was copied over to em as the content is still showing just not the image.

I see you have another thread on this one going, so we will continue in that thread.

Join 376513 happy members

Get access to our entire collection of epic plugins, astonishing themes & genius support

Become a member