On the Custom Dashboard Widget plugin

what is the checkbox metioning "execute content" refering too?

aristath

Hello again @tyler_abernethy!

what is the checkbox metioning "execute content" refering too?

If you use php code that you want executed then simply click select that.
    Otherwise you won't have real use for it.

Cheers,
    Ari.

tyler_abernethy
    • #7,508

Hey Aristath, thanks for the help.

Any ideas /examples / references that I can use to help me get a contact form to show in the dashboard using executable php code??

aristath

Well, if you for example use a contact-form plugin that uses shortcodes then you can use do_shortcode ( http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/do_shortcode ) to diaply your contact form there.
    And if you only want it to appear for non-admins then you can use it like this:

<?php
    if ( !is_admin() ) {
      do_shortcode( $content )
    }
    ?>

If you read the WordPress Codex you'll learn more about using WordPress functions etc.

Take care,
    Ari.

BankQuest
    • #21,901

Hi, its still Tyler, I am having trouble getting into the account I purchased, and was forced to buy twice. You are the only one who I have been able to get in contact with so far since that happened. Any advice to help me there?

Also, like we were discussing about the contact form

what would i put to replace the $content attribute in the following code you displayed

<?php
    if ( !is_admin() ) {
      do_shortcode( $content )
    }
    ?>
    aristath

I am having trouble getting into the account I purchased, and was forced to buy twice.

Send an email using the contact form on this page: http://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    All account issues are handled through there.

what would i put to replace the $content attribute in the following code you displayed

There are lots of shortcodes in WordPress. Some plugins generate shortcodes too, so I would suggest you choose a contact form plugin that uses shortcodes and read its manual.

Cheers,
    Ari.

tyler_abernethy
    • #7,508

Yea I understand. and thanks for your help with the account issues.

This is the shortcode for the contact form plugin that we use

[contact-form-7 id="638" title="Contact form 1"]

so from knowing that shortcode, how do i know what code to put in replace of the $content ?

Thanks for your continued help

aristath

so from knowing that shortcode, how do i know what code to put in replace of the $content ?

You'd do it like this:
    <?php do_shortcode( '[contact-form-7 id="638" title="Contact form 1"]' ) ?>

I hope that helps!

I am marking this issue as resolved.
    If however the above solution doesn't work for you or you need any further instructions/clarifications, don't hesitate to reopen this and post an update on your current status. :)

Cheers,
    Ari.

Join 374683 happy members

Get access to our entire collection of epic plugins, astonishing themes & genius support

Become a member