Pay to List Item?

Hey peeps, I recently purchased MarketPress and I love it but is there any way I could ( as I run a multisite ) charge members a listing fee or take a % of final sale price?

Arun Basil Lal
    • #29,629

Hello etheric,

Welcome to the Community!

As a Multisite you can have each of your users have their own stores and you can keep a share of the purchase, that is possible.

See the screenshot attached. It is a shot of the Network Admin > Settings > MarketPress. Good luck!

etheric
    • #5,018

ahh I see, I thought that was to let members sell an item with a recurring payment from paypal haha

etheric
    • #5,018

Okay I set up the chained payments with a paypal app but now my members just get 550001 - User is not allowed to perform this action when someone tries to purchase from them.

I have looked at previous forum posts here and it didnt really help, I have tested this with paypal verified business accounts and also personal accounts, I followed the paypal-chained-payments-docs word for word when creating the app too.

Arun Basil Lal
    • #29,629

I see. you sure your app have the "Chained Payments" permission?

etheric
    • #5,018

Yes I followed the docs line for line, the issue is this error is getting returned but only on a members store not the main store:

There was a problem connecting to PayPal to setup your purchase. Please try again.
    550001 - User is not allowed to perform this action

I tried it with a separate business paypal account that was verified and still returns the same error.

Arun Basil Lal
    • #29,629

Let me pass this onto Paul / Aaron. Hopefully we can sort this out for you. hold on. Thanks!

Paul

@etheric, Sorry for the delay. Let me read through the comments here and try and reproduce the issue on my local system. Are you around today so we can continue this discussion?

etheric
    • #5,018

hi and sorry for the delayed response, if it is Paypal then what can i tell the customers, that thread didnt seem to give any resolution .

Is there something I missed? Is there any conditions or permissions a users paypal account needs to use this system?

etheric
    • #5,018

I think I have figured it out ( and this was probably mentioned somewhere ) by asking customers to allow third-party Use PayPal Express Checkout to process payments.

Join 370483 happy members

Get access to our entire collection of epic plugins, astonishing themes & genius support

Become a member