Unzipping issues

WHEN I TRY AND UNZIP THE FOLDER ON MY DESKTOP IT HAS A SCREEN THAT POPS UP SAYING "A PROBLEM IS PREVENTING THS FOLDER FROM BEING ENCRYPTED?" i UPLOAD AND ADD TO MY PLUGINS VIA FILEZILLA AND IT'S NOT IN PLUGIN OPTIONS.. HUM?

aecnu

Greetings Auktweena :-)

please indicate your web site configuration i.e. WP version, Multi Site, Etc.

In addition and most importantly - what Plugin are you referring to?

Joe :-)

Barry

Hiya - what are you uploading? The zip or the unarchived folder?

A PROBLEM IS PREVENTING THS FOLDER FROM BEING ENCRYPTED?

That sounds strange. If anything it should say decrypted no? What program are you using to uncompress the zip file?

Auktweena

I have MUWP and Buddypress. I was trying to install the autoblog plugin. I went ahead and let it "copy the folder without encryption" when it sayed "A Problem was preventing this folder from encryption" then uploaded that through filezilla. I assume that was my problem. But why wouldn't it let me unzip it from the begining. I have always used whatever my desktop has installed and it always unzipped them.

aecnu

Greetings :-)

I agree with Barry that the encrypted part sounds very fishy - rather uncompressed would be more accurate.

However, the fact that you had trouble with the zip file and it gave you an error - I would suggest downloading it again and trying to uncompress/decompress the file again because something is certainly not right with the original.

To be sure the original is in working order I went ahead just now and downloaded the file and unzipped it without issue leading me to believe your original download of the autoblog file was somehow corrupted.

Auktweena

I uploaded the old fashion way. Through the site, add plugin and it worked great thanks! Instead of usng FileZilla. I hope that was ok.

aecnu

Greetings Auktweena :-)

of course its OK since it works :-)

To YOUR Success!

Join 372369 happy members

Get access to our entire collection of epic plugins, astonishing themes & genius support

Become a member