Post/Autopost to Facebook Fails (getting application has been deleted error)

The following error shows up in the log when I attempt to post to facebook with autpost

April 25, 2012 2:34 PM admin post_on_facebook exception OAuthException: Error validating application. Application has been deleted.

Timothy

Hey there.

When it refers to application being deleted usually that is in Facebook.

Can you please double check Facebook to ensure the Application is still there and has not been removed, please then double check the API details match between that App and your Ultimate Facebook install.

Let me know how you go.

Take care.

supplementalsounds
    • #2,943

Everything matches up fine. I did delete the application a couple times and start over because I was having trouble getting granting extended permissions. That problem has been resolved though and all the API stuff was updated and checks out fine within the UF settings. It just won't autopost.

Timothy

So the Grant Extended Permissions is all set now then?

Do you see anything in the error logs for the site?

Or is it only "Error validating application. Application has been deleted" that you see?

Take care.

Timothy

Screens didn't attach for some reason. :-/

bizzyweb
    • Elite
    • #3,438

I'm having this exact same problem. All of the settings are correct. In fact over the course of the last few days we have tried re-installing Ultimate Facebook, and creating a new Facebook app in order to fix this problem.

None of it works. We keep getting this error.

Timothy

Odd. I'm not seeing this.

Can I confirm which versions you are both using and which WordPress version also.

Because a couple of you are having this once I get the version confirmation back I can ask the developer for further input here.

Thanks.

bizzyweb
    • Elite
    • #3,438

We are using Wordpress 3.3.2 and Ultimate Facebook 2.0.1

Vladislav

Hello,

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to reproduce the issue myself just yet. There seems to be an intermittent Facebook bug that started appearing in April, which sounds pretty similar to what you're experiencing. Has autopost worked for you before? Also, in your autopost settings, are you posting to a page, or to a user's timeline?

bizzyweb
    • Elite
    • #3,438

I had to create a new Facebook page to get this to work.Thankfully my client had only gotten 6 LIKES, so it was fairly painless.

One thing I noticed while setting up a different Facebook page is that the original was setup for a Company, Organization, or Institution. This time I setup the company as a Local Business or Place.

Maybe that was the difference....

bizzyweb
    • Elite
    • #3,438

I'm curious as to if you can recreate the problem if a Facebook page iwas setup for a Company, Organization, or Institution as opposed to a Local Business or Place?

Jon Pedlow
    • #3,021

I had this issue and it was a slight error on my part.

In step two of the screen grab it says about checking the site URL, I had the url as http://www.etc etc
    and I just needed to delete the www bit so it ended up http://etc etc

It all worked fine then! Hope this helps and makes sense?

Timothy

Hey bizzyweb, thanks for getting back to us and great to see you have a page working.

Hey jonpedlow, this is a common issue when setting up the Facebook app but I hadn't seen that produce a Application has been deleted error before.

Good to know though that the urls can also cause this error as well. It will help with debugging.

Thanks.
    Tim.

supplementalsounds
    • #2,943

I'm using 3.3.2 Wordpress and Ultimate Facebook 2.1.

I tried removing the "www" and that still produces the Application has been deleted error.

Creating a new Facebook page is not an option as we have 2500 likes already.

Thanks!

supplementalsounds
    • #2,943

Not sure who marked this as resolved but it definitely is not resolved. Any help would be appreciated.

aecnu

Greetings,

To the best of my knowledge this is relevant to the issues reported here in this thread.

It could be Facebook itself as reported recently by a Facebook Developer they have 866 unresolved issues at the moment:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/fbs-change-in-api-for-remote-access#post-227743

I am sorry to report that AutoPosting is now a thing of the past due to Facebooks changing the API rules in the middle of the game.

Please see full explanation here of what and why:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/since-i-upgrade-can-not-post-to-face-book?replies=12#post-220963

Thank you all for being a WPMU Dev Members!

Cheers, Joe

Join 375025 happy members

Get access to our entire collection of epic plugins, astonishing themes & genius support

Become a member