Scholar Custom styling

Hi,

I'm using the scholar theme, with custom styling. I'm using 4 main colours, two dark, two light. On the registration page, the questions regarding supporter, and setting up a blog are appearing with a dark font on the dark background, and you can't read them, I have changed all text in the custom styling page to black, and this hasn't changed the colour of these questions. Could you tell me what is the parameter to change this?

Also another issue I had was on the members directory, add friend is appearing twice.

Thanks for your help!

Tammie

@Fondeli: A link would be great in analysing this but in light of not having one your issue probably is that is calling the body font. You want to do a local call using a class above it and the font color such as to over ride the body font color. I can suggest using a tool such as firebug for this:

http://buddydress.com/2010/06/firebug-installing-discovering-and-using-the-tutorial/

In future though please provide a link as a screenshot won't help us give you a direct answer for CSS.

Fondeli

Thanks Tammie,

But the body font is black, I have made sure that all the text colours were either black or white.

Here's a link.

Tammie

First things first: What version of BuddyPress are you on? If it's the latest and you are not on the latest of Scholar you need to update. That will solve your double button issues or should. Once you've done that or have update let me know.

Fondeli

Hi Tammie, I will need to update the scholar theme. I'll do that and get back to you, thanks.

Fondeli

HI Tammie, I installed the latest version of scholar, it solved the double button, but not the text on the registration screen. Here's the link.

Tammie

As I said it won't solve that. In your child theme you need to looking at firebug which was again my suggestion to you do something along the inheritance lines I said:

.register-section h4{
    color: whateveryouwant;
    }

Tammie

Cool I'll close up this thread then glad it worked.