Setting up Marketpress

We installed marketpress on our wordpress and we were wondering how to set it up and have it show up on our wordpress site? Also when we go to "store settings" it gives us an error message.

Elliott Bristow

Hi! Welcome to the forums!

What kind of error are you getting in the store settings page. This could be linked to the store pages not showing up on your site.

As a test, can you access yourdomain.com/store ? /store is the default location for the store pages. If you can't access that page it suggests that the error message is going to be the key to your problem.

artscopemagazine
    • #12,008

Hi Elliot,
    when I go to mydomain.com/store it says "page not found." This is the notice i get when I try to go to "store settings" from the admin account:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::add_help_tab() in /nfs/c04/h05/mnt/67551/domains/blogspot.artscopemagazine.com/html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress.php on line 602.
    Any thoughts?

Elliott Bristow

Hmmm... I've not come across this one before. I'll take a look and see if I can find anything.

Meanwhile I have tagged the developer to take a look at this thread in case he has some input.

artscopemagazine
    • #12,008

Ok, thank you. Any thoughts on why our link doesn't work either? maybe we are entering the domain wrong?

Aaron

Hi there, that error message leads me to believe yoy may be trying to run it on an old version of WordPress. MarketPress requires at least WP 3.4, but the latest 3.5.1 is highly recommended. You should never let WP get out of date or you'll surely get hacked. Our products are only guaranteed to work with the latest version of WP.

So fix that up first, then reopen if you have any other issues.

Join 376705 happy members

Get access to our entire collection of epic plugins, astonishing themes & genius support

Become a member