Site Posts not posting to facebook wall

Hello,

I am not getting my site posts to post to my facebook wall.

Are they supposed to automatically populate or do I need to do something to enable it.

To my understanding, I should be able to autopost my post from my website to my facebook wall correct?

All your help is greatly appreciated!

PS.. finally got my rss feeds running,, it took a couple days for everything to show up correct my amazingly it did:) Now I'm trying to get those posts to post to my facebook wall... Thanks so much

mcannova
    • #1,976

I just installed it an hour ago? Does it take a few hours for things to populate?

DavidM

Hi mcannova,

It should be a rather quick process actually, where your publishing of the post would auto-post to Facebook right away.

Have you setup the App at Facebook already as well as the plugin settings at Facebook > Settings > Autopost to Facebook?

Could you maybe provide a screenshot of the settings page for that here?

Thanks,
    David

mcannova
    • #1,976

Hello,

I have still not had any luck trying to get the updates to post to facebook...

I have been able to get the widgets as well as the facebook like and send options on my website.. Just not the autopost...

I'd really like for this to work so if need be I can give you my login to my wordpress so you can maybe see what's going on...

All your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

mcannova
    • #1,976

Hello,

Here is the screenshot you requested...

Before under Autopost, it gave me the option to choose Naturally Gourmet instead of me???

Please help

DavidM

Hi mcannova,

Thanks for that additional screenshot, that definitely helps in this case as it looks like you might be using a slightly older version of the plugin.

Could you please be sure you're using the latest version 1.5.1?

There should be some other options in that Autopost section when you're using the latest version. If you are on the latest version, my guess is this might have to do with Extended Permissions.

Have you granted extended permissions to the plugin (in the Grant extended permissions tab)?

Thanks,
    David

mcannova
    • #1,976

Hello,

Thanks for response... I did download and install the latest version of the plugin.

Updated the new fields and granted extended permission.

I am still not receiving any posts but the widgets, the like button, etc. are all showing up on my website.

All your help is greatly appreciated:):)

Attached is another screenshot

mcannova
    • #1,976

Hello Again,

Just checking back to see if you had an opportunity to review my prior response with screen shots?

still no posts to facebook wall.

Whatever I need to do to get this working please let me know asap.

Is there any way to get someone live via support?

Thanks so much

DavidM

Hi mcannova,

That's strange it's not auto-posting. Any chance we could have a look with an admin account?

There's some tests we can try to see what's occurring here.

It so, you can simply send the details through the contact form, marked attention to David, with a link to this thread for reference.
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks,
    David

ThePath

Did this get sorted?

Seems a lot of people are having autopost problems. I can get posts to sens to FB if I switch auto post off and manually select "send to fb" in the post edit screen.

Really like autopost to work though.

mcannova
    • #1,976

Hello,

I am getting some of the posts, but they only have a very brief intro sentence of only 5 -6 words with no link and no other way to read anything...

Also the posts are going to our Places page and not our company page...

Let me know how to proceed with the plugin.

Thanks

DavidM

Hi mcannova,

Okay, so it sounds like you were able to get some auto-posts through then, correct? Strange though, we've not received any reports of posts being only 5-6 words or anything of that nature.

Could you possible try deactivating other plugins to make sure there's not a conflict there?

Also, your Places page would have to be accessible through the plugin settings in order to post to it. Could you please verify that's available for selection there?

Thanks,
    David

Timothy

Hey mcannova.

Did you get this one sorted, we haven't heard from you in a while so I thought I would check in to get an update.

If you got it sorted then thats fantastic, you don't need to respond as I'll mark it as resolved. If you have any further questions then please feel free to respond or open a new thread. :-)

Take care.

Join 370578 happy members

Get access to our entire collection of epic plugins, astonishing themes & genius support

Become a member