Social Theme Privacy Options Not Working?

From the theme oprions page.

Do you want to enable privacy for all members profile
* only logged in user can view members profile and members directory. 'disable' by default

I dont seem to beable to get the Social Privacy Options to work properly.

I have enabled the privacy feature from within the themes options page and while it seems to be working on the actual profile page it is not working for the directory. Non-logged in people can still access it

Whats the deal?

Avi

I thought I would follow-up and clarify my question.

I would like to know if this is a theme glitch and if so how can it be resolved? If it isn't a theme glitch what might it be?

Avi

Common guys 23 hours since I posted my first question.

Richie_KS

hiya Avi..well it is weekend after all so its a bit slow..we did note it down
    on left notice:)

ok, back to your question..
    i see the member directory still viewable after turn on privacy...yeap
    it is a glitch in theme...no worry here's an easy fix

open profile/index.php
    and copy the top code

<?php $privacy_enable = get_option('tn_buddysocial_privacy_status'); if($privacy_enable == 'enable') { ?>
    <?php if (!is_user_logged_in() ) { ?>
    <?php wp_redirect(get_option('siteurl') . '/wp-login.php'); ?>
    <?php } ?>
    <?php } //off ?>

to directories\members\index.php before get_header();
    actually you can apply this to any page you do not want unlogged user to view like group, forum etc..

cheers

Avi

Thanks Im going to try it out right now!

I will let you know how it goes!

Avi

Wait! does this go in the child or parent theme?

It might be good to include that when dealing with Social (theme) issues. Just to cut back on the confusion among the non-elite such as myself!

Avi

OK found it but no luck!

Do I need to be putting this right at the top? Am I replaceing any of the original code?

Avi

Wait! does this go in the child or parent theme?

It might be good to include that when dealing with Social (theme) issues. Just to cut back on the confusion among the non-elite such as myself!

--- one sec brb

--- ok back and I got it fixed but so you know it was the /bp-social/directories/members/index that needed it not the profile/index.php

The Profile Privacy was working just fine.

At any rate ty for the code and point in the general direction.

Join 374969 happy members

Get access to our entire collection of epic plugins, astonishing themes & genius support

Become a member