• Ty
  • Elite
  • #1,399

Ultimate Facebook - Unable to Login

Hi All,
I am unable to login using "Login with Facebook".

The following error shows up in a popup window. This is the result if already logged into facebook, tried on two of my sites.

Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains.

If not logged into facebook the popup shows with the facebook login screen, once logged in it returns the above error also.

These were working up to today. I have check the app at facbook and all settings.

No theme changes have been done, currently running upto date versions on all plugins and wp.

Appreciate any assistance with this one, thanks.
Ty

PC

Hello Ty,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

As I remember there were a few changes in FB application settings a couple of weeks back.

Can you please pop me a screenshot of your app settings (secrets hidden) so that I can see if there is something wrong ?

Also, can you please try and create a new application for testing purpose as per the guide here : http://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-to-make-a-facebook-app and test it with the new application if it works fine ?

Please advise so that we can get this sorted out.

Cheers, PC

Ty
    • Elite
    • #1,399

Hi PC,

I feel like I jumped the gun now, but I spent hours checking and trying this morning before adding this help message.

I just checked before replying to your message, thank you by the way for your prompt reply, and I seem able to login with out problems now...go figure.

On one site I did create a new app before my first message which did not work either, but now seems to be working. The other site however, the app is the same one, and is also now working.

I guess we'll put it down to FB !#$ing about again...

Thanks again,
    Tyrone

PC

Hey Tyrone,

Glad that everything is working now :)

Thanks for coming back and letting us know ! Sometimes, it's the time which kills the problems :P lol

Cheers, PC

Join 376575 happy members

Get access to our entire collection of epic plugins, astonishing themes & genius support

Become a member