• Plugins
  • Created On ,
  • Most Recent By Aaron,

v1.0.3 requires WP 3.3?

Just to clarify. I see this in my updates:

WPMU DEV Videos
You have version 1.0.2 installed. Update to 1.0.3.
Compatibility with WordPress 3.2.1: Unknown
Compatibility with WordPress 3.3.1: Unknown
- WP 3.3 compatibility for help dropdowns. NOT BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE

My assumption from this is that the 1.0.3 version of the plugin is only compatible with WP 3.3+. Is this correct? I'm still on 3.2.1 and will be for a little while longer, so just need to clarify.

While we're on the subject, why is it that all the WPMU DEV plug-ins I use don't seem to populate the "Compatibility with WordPress x.x" area in the updates screen when updates are available? This would be helpful.

Thank you.

Timothy

Hey ds281.

- WP 3.3 compatibility for help dropdowns. NOT BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE

That is correct, 1.0.3 is not backwards compatible.

While we're on the subject, why is it that all the WPMU DEV plug-ins I use don't seem to populate the "Compatibility with WordPress x.x" area in the updates screen when updates are available? This would be helpful.

I think the option to show the minimum supported version in the WPMUDev update plugin would be a good idea. I'll pass that feedback along to the developer for consideration :-)

Take care.

ds281
    • Elite

Thanks for the confirmation.

Here's a screenshot of the area of the Network Admin dashboard I'm talking about with regard to the compatibility notice:

Timothy

Ah so it did state its not compatible. :-)

I think the other two compatibility notices which state unknown are taken from wp.org and because those plugins are not downloaded from there then users can vote on compatibility.

Thanks and take care.

Aaron

why is it that all the WPMU DEV plug-ins I use don't seem to populate the "Compatibility with WordPress x.x" area in the updates screen when updates are available? This would be helpful.

Currently there isn't a way to filter that the way WP prints that screen.