Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in wiki-include.php on line 784

Hi, any ideas why I'm getting this error message:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/example/public_html/needleandmortar/wp-content/plugins/wiki/wiki-include.php on line 784

aecnu

Greetings Shevek,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

Though I am unable to replicate this warning, which indeed all it is - is a warning (an error would be worse), from what I can see it is telling me that a field may not have been filled in. I believe it is complaining about an empty custom field.

Can you please let us know what the steps were to create this warning so perhaps we can duplicate it?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

Shevek
    • #3,614

Hi Joe, thanks for the response, it's nothing great or significant really, just a run-of-the-mill problem that any WP user can expect.

I can't think of any particular steps except for turning on the plug-in. It's an automated page so there's nothing really to configure right? I wonder if it's anything to do with the theme and theme framework I'm using? Prose and Genesis http://www.studiopress.com/themes/prose

Can you tell me what I should expect to see on the /wiki slug page? At the moment it's just one of the wiki's on my site. I was expecting some kind of list or something.

aecnu

Greetings Shevek,

Thank you for your additional input and clarification, it is certainly appreciated in figuring out what is going on here.

The plugin and its fields certainly need input of course to give output though I am not 100% sure this is the reason for the warning.

Here is my test production server vending the Wiki plugin:
    http://wiki.aecnuwpmu.us/

You are probably correct though that Genesis is causing the issue. Personally i do not mess with the framework themes because one must integrate everything within the framework causing additional considerations to getting it right.

Too much trouble in my opinion.

You can see there is a list on the sidebars in Twenty Eleven and speaking of which, could you please temporarily switch to the Twenty Eleven theme just long enough to see if the warning message still appears?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

Shevek
    • #3,614

Yeap, that's where the problem lies. With Twenty Eleven active the warning is no longer there and the pages lists all wikis instead of one.

aecnu

Greetings Shevek,

Thank you for letting us know about where the issue is at and for posting it, it is greatly appreciated.

Have you decided what action to take next?

Possible theme change or?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

Shevek
    • #3,614

Hmm, I've changed the wiki slug to nothing: /

This way the bread crumbs link back to the very front page.

I'll see if I can get the developer of the theme to look at it. But they're likely to blame it on the plugin.

Shevek
    • #3,614

Actually that doesn't seem to work.

Think I'll just get rid of the bread crumbs instead.

aecnu

Greetings Shevek,

Actually that doesn't seem to work. Boooo that it does not work.

Have you indeed managed to remove the bread crumbs to your satisfaction?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

Timothy

Hey again.

Haven't heard from you in a short while so I just wanted to check in and see how things are going here?

If you still need some assistance then by all means just reopen the thread or create another one for any new and related issues.

Take care.

Join 372423 happy members

Get access to our entire collection of epic plugins, astonishing themes & genius support

Become a member