WPML & Marketpress Multishop: products show up double or trilple in global shop

Hi,

I have a marketpress multishop with products in local shops that are displayed in a global shop. I also installed WPML multilanguage plugin. When I translate products in local shops, they show up in all languages in the global shop.

Furthermore, when I set a local shop to a maximum of 1 product, I cannot translate that product because marketpress sees the translation as an extra product.

Are these known problems with the combination of the two plugins?
More important... can you help me solve the problems?

Kind regards,
Pieter

aecnu

Greetings Pieter,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with the integration of the WPML multilanguage plugin and Market Press.

I also installed WPML multilanguage plugin. When I translate products in local shops, they show up in all languages in the global shop.

Is there a setting in WPML to limit which languages are to be translated or?

Furthermore, when I set a local shop to a maximum of 1 product, I cannot translate that product because marketpress sees the translation as an extra product.

Now this part I have not personally heard of happening before but I will get the lead developers advice on this issue or what he may think is possibly causing this effect.

Which version of WPML are you using?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

pieter.thielen
    • #2,039

Hello Joe,

Could my version of WPML be 2.6.0-b2? That is how my zip-file is called: wpml-cms-package-2.6.0.-b2.zip

I haven't seen a setting in WPML that limits the amount of languages. I'm using English, German and Dutch, but it looks like I can check as many language-boxes as I want.

Thanks,
    Pieter

aecnu

Greetings Pieter,

Thank you for the additional clarification which is indeed appreciated.

There is a special package for Market press if memory serves me.

I would contact WPML and ask them about it, I am sure they will be helpful as they are being to another member with WPML and Market Press integration.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

pieter.thielen
    • #2,039

Hi Joe,

Memory serves you well. But WPML asked me to try the default theme and look if the problem was still there. It was still there.

The chosen theme seems not to be the problem.
    Because in the local shop there is no problem. You only see the product in one language: the one that corresponds to the language setting.

I'm not a developer, but can it be caused by the information that is being transferred to the global shop by MarketPress? Since the local shop has no problem with translation of WPML...

I have URLs or screendumps if you like so you can see the problem for yourself.

Regards,
    Pieter

aecnu

Greetings Pieter,

I think I finally have my head wrapped around what is going on there and sorry for being thick headed on this one.

What is the URL to the global shops so I have something to show the lead developer when I call him in here to see whats going on?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

pieter.thielen
    • #2,039

Hello Joe,

The global shop is http://shuppr.com/

I've translated one product (called 'Circles') from Dutch (Circles NL) into English (Circles UK) and German (Circles D). They show up all three.

When you don't see that product or only see it once, please refresh by clicking the logo once or twice and you'll see the problem.

Kind regards,
    Pieter

aecnu

Greetings Pieter,

Thank you for the additional clarification and the addition of the link so that we can see first hand what is happening there.

I indeed understand and can see what is happening there and though I could not get all three to display on a single screen.

I could get two almost every time and yes I managed to get instances in every language.

This is way beyond my talent to possibly fix this bizarre occurrence.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

pieter.thielen
    • #2,039

Hello Joe,

Please see the comment of WPML-support:

"I know where the problem could be coming from, please ask the marketplace team where the query that displays the products on the main shop is.
    Once I have that information, I can easily correct the problem"

Can you send me this information please?

Kind regards,
    Pieter

aecnu

Greetings Pieter,

Thank you for that additional information and I will indeed flag the head of the Market Press team @Aaron for his invaluable input necessary to get this ticket resolved or at least in the WPML's hands so they can resolve what they need to resolve.

Thank you for your patience and persistence.

Cheers, Joe

Aaron

I believe that they had fixed a duplicate global products bug a while ago. Perhaps you have an older version of their integration plugin. They do have my contact details, and I had included special filters in marketpress-ms.php as requested by them so they could fix it.

As far as your limit of 1 product, what are you using to limit it? WPML creates additional products for each translation, just how it works. So you would need to adjust your limits accordingly.

pieter.thielen
    • #2,039

Hi Aaron,

My version is from this august or september, so not that old. But is it correct that what they ask in their mail ("...the query that displays the products on the main shop...") can be found in marketpress-ms.php?

For limiting products I use Marketpress as far as I know.

Best regards.
    Pieter

Aaron

Thats' right.

Marketpress doesn't have a product limit feature. Pro sites does via a module.

pieter.thielen
    • #2,039

Hello Aaron and Joe,

We've updated themes and plugins (WPMUdev & WPML), but the problem of the products showing up 3 times in the main shop still remains...

Can you help please?

Pieter

aecnu

Greetings Pieter,

Though I truly wish I had the answer here, I had to call in the lead developer when we reached the limit of the ideas I had to try to help.

Therefore I will once again ask the lead developer @Aaron to come in here and advise on what he thinks the fix is.

Though I am not a coder, it is my opinion that until Market Press can be told by some option which single language it is supposed to display for Global shortcode, I do not think this will be resolved.

I have indeed requested the help and advice of the lead developer again as mentioned above.

Cheers, Joe

Aaron

I'm sorry but this is on the WPML side if you are having problems. The filter they asked me to put in the global products query for this specific issue is in 2.7 and 2.8, it's their integration plugin that utilizes it. I was pretty sure they alreadly released that fix in their integration plugin, if you are sure you have the latest version you should ask their support.

Join 378498 happy members

Get access to our entire collection of epic plugins, astonishing themes & genius support

Become a member