Groups work like the group features on Ning, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Any member can create their own public, private or hidden (invitation only) group(s) on a BuddyPress network where they can share info on topic areas that interest them.
Besides an activity stream, members list and ability to send invites groups can have their own Forum which is:
1. Ideal for more in-depth discussions
2. Excellent for sharing the conversation with the entire network.
Roles of Group Members
The three roles you can assign members in groups in decreasing level of responsibility are:
- Admin – highest level of group access. Full access to managing all aspects of the group.
- Moderator – has increased responsibility within the group forum.
- Member – Able to write/edit/delete own forum posts andreplies
Group creators are automatically assigned the admin role.
Here is a summary of their differences based on User Capability:
- Site Admin users are able to access all management features of a group without being added as a member to that group!