BuddyPress themes are generally only used on the site that is running BuddyPress plugin (this is normally the main site on WordPress Multisite install).
Your new BuddyPress theme is activated as follows:
1. Login to your dashboard.
2. Go to Appearance > Themes.
3. Click on Activate below your new BuddyPress theme to activate the theme.
4. Your theme should now be activated and you should see it when you visit your blog
Using a child theme
- We also provide child themes with all of our BuddyPress themes which enable you to customise your own files without having those changes overwritten when we update a theme.
- Read more about parent and child themes here.
- Remember to check each new version of the theme for any changes in your child theme that may have been done in the parent.
- When making changes to a child theme you only update the parent theme, and not the child theme. This way any changes you’ve made will be kept.