Need to create hundreds or thousand of site and users all at once? Or add lots of users to a site quickly?
Maybe you’re setting up accounts for an entire University, or maybe you’re creating a huge network on a heap of different topics or maybe you’re just a sp…. [ed - don't say it!]
Seriously though, there are many legitimate reasons to automate the creation of site and users, and for adding lots of users to a site quickly – and this plugin serves precisely that purpose.
Packed full of features such as:
- Batch create new users and/or sites
- Batch add users to existing sites
- Ability to assign user roles
- Choice of preset or auto-generated passwords
- Supports use of both Excel and .csv batch files
- xls template for creating the batch file
- Cool status bar to display progress as batch file being processed
- Automatic alert if email address used in batch file for more than one username
Check it out!
Simply install and activate the plugin and you’ll see a new ‘Batch Create’ menu below Settings in your network admin dashboard.
Now Super Admiin users can batch create new sites, new users and add users to existing sites as simply as uploading a .xls or .csv file.
Your file just needs to contain site URLs, site titles, username, user role and user passwords (yes, you can set passwords with this too :)
And creating the batch file is as simple as downloading the .xls template, following the instructions in header row of the .xls file and uploading.
Here are some examples of how you can use it:
- Create user with site and preset password with a default role
- Create user with site and auto-generated password with default role
- Create user without a site with a preset password
- Add user to an existing site with default role
And it is as simple as using Excel!