Start by reading Installing plugins section in our comprehensive WordPress and WordPress Multisite Manual if you are new to WordPress.
1. Download the plugin file
2. Unzip the file into a folder on your hard drive
3. Upload the /easyblogging/ folder and all its contents to the /wp-content/plugins/ folder on your site
4. Login to your admin panel for WordPress or Multisite and activate the plugin:
- On regular WordPress installs – visit Plugins and Activate the plugin.
- For WordPress Multisite installs – Activate it site-by-site in Plugins in the site admin dashboard (say if you wanted to make it a Supporter premium plugin), or visitNetwork Admin -> Plugins and Network Activate the plugin.
Note: If you have an older version of the plugin installed in /mu-plugins/ please delete it.
- That’s it! No configuration necessary!
How It Works
1. Users just need to click on ‘Activate Easy Mode’ at the top of their blog dashboards to access the easy blogging admin interface.
2. Changing back to the standard WordPress interface is as simple as clicking on ‘EXIT EASY MODE’
To customize it
In your admin area, go to Easy Blogging to customize options such as the option to show a Logout link or the option as to whether users enter Easy Mode by default.
You can also select from a number of included themes.
Easy Blogging Wizard
To enable and create a wizard guide, go to Easy Blogging > Easy Blogging Wizard and tick Yes for the Enable Wizard option.
You can then create your own wizard steps by selecting a URL type, entering a URL, Title and Help text, then pressing Save Changes.
Once your wizard step is created, you’ll be able to drag and drop it where you want to in the wizard process, and you can also Edit or Delete the step.
As an example, here’s an illustration of one way you can setup a Wizard step that gives users information about their Dashboard.
Easy Blogging Tooltips
Easy Blogging also includes tooltips that you can turn on at Easy Blogging > Easy Blogging Tooltips.