To Get Started:
Start by reading Installing Plugins section in our comprehensive WordPress and WordPress Multisite Manual if you are new to WordPress.
1. Download the plugin file
2. Unzip the file into a folder on your hard drive
3. Upload the /buddypress-activity-plus/ folder and all its contents to the /wp-content/plugins/ folder on
4. Login to your admin panel for WordPress or Multisite and activate the plugin:
- On regular WordPress installs – visit Plugins and Activate the plugin.
- For WordPress Multisite installs – visit Network Admin -> Plugins and Network Activate the plugin.
Usage and Customization:
To use custom icons in your theme, use add_theme_support(“bpfb_toolbar_icons”); in your functions.php, copy over the rules from css/bpfb_toolbar.css and edit to suit your needs.
Alternatively, if you’re OK with 32×32 icon sizes, you can just override the icons in your stylesheet using background property and !important. These are the IDs: #bpfb_addPhotos, #bpfb_addVideos, #bpfb_addLinks, #bpfb_addDocuments
You can also set your preferred thumbnail size separately from your default thumbnail size settings, if you wish to do so. You can do that by adding this line to your wp-config.php:
Where “200×200″ are width and height (in that order), in pixels.
Finally, be sure to verify your default sizes for embedded media. It’s in Settings -> Media -> Embeds -> Maximum embed size
Note: When using the plugin in combination with BuddyPress, a conflict can arise due to the activity stream upload, since both the plugins are trying to upload media through the activity stream.
If you want to use the BuddyPress Activity Plus functionality, uncheck “Enable Activity Uploading” on the BuddyPress Media Settings Page.