Start by reading Installing plugins section in our comprehensive WordPress and WordPress Multisite Manual if you are new to WordPress.
1. Download the plugin file
2. Unzip the file into a folder on your hard drive
3. Upload the qa folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ folder on your site
- On regular WordPress installs – visit Plugins and Activate the plugin.
- For WordPress Multisite installs – Activate it blog-by-blog (say if you wanted to make it a Supporter premium plugin), or visit Network Admin -> Plugins and Network Activate the plugin.
4. Login to your admin panel for WordPress or Multisite and activate the plugin:
1. Go to Settings -> Permalinks in the site admin dashboard to check your permalink structure. Q&A uses pretty URLs so rewrites and pretty permalinks must be enabled. Your permalinks can be anything but the default permalinks.
2. Go to Questions -> Settings in the site admin dashboard to assign capabilities to the roles of your choosing.
3. Visit http://yoursite.com/questions/ask/ to create your first question.
4. Now all you need to do is use Custom menus with your theme or add a link on your site to direct your users to http://yoursite.com/questions/ask/
Optionally, you can further customize the appearance of the Q&A section, to better integrate it with your theme.
To do so, simply copy the php files from default-templates into your theme folder and start customizing.
If you want to disable the default plugin CSS, add the following line to your theme’s functions.php file:
add_theme_support( ‘qa_style’ );
add_theme_support( ‘qa_script’ );