Here is just a taste of what it can do:
- Display fancy pop up(s) (powered as a popover!) to visitors network wide, per site or on specific URLs
- Hassle-free interface. Creating your new pop over is as simple as adding a new post to your WordPress blog.
- Extensive options for customizing who sees your pop overs including logged out users, visitors who have never commented, search engine visitors.
- Includes optional hide a pop over forever.
- Ability to set the amount of time that passes between when the user hits your site and when the pop up displays
- Compatible with any WordPress theme. Customize the style and layout of your pop over to fit with your existing site design.
- Works perfectly with WordPress, Multisite and BuddyPress.
- Use this plugin on any WordPress project you like.
- Control your Pop Up display by viewer’s Geographic Location! (Choose between an external API or a local geo database for location information.)
Here’s a look at an example of the plugin in action. Style your popovers to be as graphically sophisticated as you like.
And of course it even contains a link allowing users to click it and never see the popover again… just to take care of the complainers! Not that we’ve ever had a single complaint!
Like I said, we use it and now so can you!
Once installed, it’s really simple, just activate it and go to Pop Over > Create New to get started.
Then, set the display rules, namely: Show the Pop Over if one of the following checked rules is true:
- Visitor is not logged in.
- Visitor has never commented here before.
- Visitor came from a search engine.
- Visitor did not come from an internal page.
- Visitor referrer matches
- And the visitor has seen the pop over less than X times
- Visitor is in a specific country
- Visitor is arriving from a specific link
And you’re good to go!
Plus all the support you expect from a WPMU DEV plugin.
As usual, we’re constantly refining this project and adding new features all the time.
So become a WPMU DEV member, check it out, and let us know what you’d like to see included in a future release of Pop Ups.