Welcome to the ultimate WordPress and BuddyPress chat plugin!
Just drop in this plugin, activate it and you can easily run as many live chats as you want, on any page or post on your WordPress, Multisite or BuddyPress site.
Including gravatars, emoticons, logs and a raft of customization options – this plugin will cover all your needs.
Users and visitors can login with their WordPress or BuddyPress usernames as public users, and then can also login with Twitter or Facebook!
Of course you can select how you want your users to login too.
And you can even run a ‘bottom corner’ chat to talk to visitors to your site – great for sales, engaging new users or adding to the sense of community on your site.
Visitors to your site just need to click on a small tab in the bottom right (that you can customize!) and they can chat away!
Inserting a chat window into a page or post is simple too, there’s a straightforward button on the WYSIWYG editor, so this plugin is perfect for Multisite owners… no shortcodes required :)
And, like we mentioned, before there are almost unlimited options, you can:
- Enable or disable bottom corner chat
- Turn chat sounds on or off
- Enable or disable avatars
- Enable or disable emoticons
- Choose to show date or time of posts
- Set the dimensions of chat windows
- Select every color of the chat background to match your site
- Select different fonts and font sizes to match your site
- Choose to create and display chat logs – great for SEO!
- Turn on and off login by public users, current WP users, Facebook and Twitter
- See bottom of this post for the different options windows
And we’re adding in more options all the time, by members requests… so if there’s a feature you’d like to see just drop by the forums or our live support site (which is powered by this plugin :) and ask!
90% of what we develop here at WPMU DEV is requested by our members.
Here are those options windows (as of 1.0 – we’ll be adding more options as we go):